Non smokers in pub designated smoking zones.

Now we are getting to the bottom of this. That remark is such a give away. You are probably one of these smokerphobics who secretly hates smokers. You probably drive around in a 3 litre car and cannot even see the hypocricy of your attitudes!

This is another common smoker straw man argument.

The fact that things pollute doesn't make it okay to force others to breath your second hand smoke. Smoking is a habit, most other forms of pollution aren't.

Oh the irony.

Indeed, I was going to change it, but at least I'm honest when I make mistakes unlike many on this forum.

Like I was wrong to insult people in one of my earlier posts, but sometimes that the only way to get your point across these days.

This is another common smoker straw man argument.

The fact that things pollute doesn't make it okay to force others to breath your second hand smoke. Smoking is a habit, most other forms of pollution aren't.

So being to lazy and drive to shops and not walk is not a habit? :loopy:

Now we are getting to the bottom of this. That remark is such a give away. You are probably one of these smokerphobics who secretly hates smokers. You probably drive around in a 3 litre car and cannot even see the hypocricy of your attitudes!

Do you know all my posts on this thread have been pointing out that both smokers and non smokers deserve consideration. It is people like you that caused a smoking ban in the first place, no doubt resenting even a non smoking broom cupboard being provided as a refuge for those who didn't want to breathe your smoke.

It is your type of attitude that will see designated smoking allowed areas to disappear just as they have in Canada and the USA.

I think you should have at least asked the diners if it was OK to smoke, or sat further away from them so the smoke was not drifting towards them. I sure the diners did not react unreasonably.

You seem to think that the whole beer garden is now your personal smoking area, you could show some consideration for other people. This is the kind of thing that gives smokers a bad name.

Oh yeah you do it out of the kindness of your heart don't you:rolleyes:

Got nothing to do with the Law changing or anything right.

Do you not think your attitude is extremely selfish?

My attitude is NOT selfish at all. The pub I visit has a large beer garden. There is a smallish area in that beer garden which has been designated as a smoking area. I smoke in that area only. Legally I could smoke ANYWHERE in the beer garden BUT, out of courtesy I smoke only in the designated area. If you think thats selfish you have a screw loose!

My attitude is NOT selfish at all. The pub I visit has a large beer garden. There is a smallish area in that beer garden which has been designated as a smoking area. I smoke in that area only. Legally I could smoke ANYWHERE in the beer garden BUT, out of courtesy I smoke only in the designated area. If you think thats selfish you have a screw loose!

Yeh. You are a real gent.

As a non smoker I have enough breath left in my lungs to walk to the shops. It is the smokers who give up on distances above 100 yards and resort to the car.

Really? Have you got any figures to pack that up? Nope didn't think so :loopy:

Archived