Best gym to join in sheffield?

i want to join a gym but am not sure on where to go. I would like it to have its own swimming pool. I recently went to Fitness First in Hillsbrough and hated it. It wasnt a nice environement. I felt like i should go with a full ace of make up and high heels on. Lets face it, we go to the gym to work out and get sweety. i dont want to feel like i cant do that. Is there any were that is a resonable price with swimming pool and that maybe does women only classes?

Greens is good, its behind the old wards brewery on eccalsall road. it can tent to be abit pricey. I'm currently there.

its not got women only classes that i know of but i has a womens only gym in it so you dont feel dodgy around the guys. also has a pool sauna steamroom and 3 jacuzzi's.

pop down n have a look.

Hi,

I am currently leaving Greens Gym due to moving away. I have three months left on my contract as I signed up for a 12 month deal. I am allowed to transfer my remaining three months to someone else. This has the benefit of no joining fee and the reduced rate as it is part of the twelve month contract. Still it is a fairly pricey £46pm.

In regards to this i am willing to transfer the contract to someone and pay 1 month of the 3 myself. I would rather get something than nothing. Let me know if this interests you. It's a fairly good way to try a new gym but not get tied in long term.

deadeyeduck

join fitness unlimited and you have the use of 4 gyms, i would say to avoid ponds forge though as tends to be full of people recently moved to the uk for a new life, gobbing in the spa area and generally being rude around peak times! hillsborough is nice but gets packed in the evening. £24 a month over 12 months.

Fitness Unlimited (SIV) Ponds Forge has a got a new Gym, Hilsborough Gym is good too and there are two other venues included aswell. The price is very reasonable compared to other gyms and it includes all the classes and swimming nor to forget the sauna steam room facilites which are top notch at Ponds Forge. Brilliant, been a member for the last two years and still go at least 3 times a week.

• 3 months later...