Best gym to join in sheffield?

i want to join a gym but am not sure on where to go. I would like it to have its own swimming pool. I recently went to Fitness First in Hillsbrough and hated it. It wasnt a nice environement. I felt like i should go with a full ace of make up and high heels on. Lets face it, we go to the gym to work out and get sweety. i dont want to feel like i cant do that. Is there any were that is a resonable price with swimming pool and that maybe does women only classes?

Ponds Forge best Facilities in Sheffield by a country mile

Ponds Forge best Facilities in Sheffield by a country mile

I would say for the price you have to pay you get the best facilities but other gyms have far far superior facilities but you just have to pay a hell of alot more.

• 2 years later...
Does anyone have any information about Klick Fitness closing in Hillsborough and who’s replacing them?

I'll answer your question since everyone else seems to be answering the ones from 2009. You might have been better posting a new thread.

I heard it's changing hands around December. I also heard the price may go up but haven't heard who is taking over. This might all just be rumour though

I was at Greens until recently but decided to leave when it was took over by Nuffield Health. It is pricey has got very impersonal, the changing facilities are often dirty and messy with rubbish and soiled towels left laying about.

Now have heard that regulars are paying about £43 per month and students have been offered a £29 deal...why take on new members when they dont look after the ones they have.

I was at Greens until recently but decided to leave when it was took over by Nuffield Health. It is pricey has got very impersonal, the changing facilities are often dirty and messy with rubbish and soiled towels left laying about.

Now have heard that regulars are paying about £43 per month and students have been offered a £29 deal...why take on new members when they dont look after the ones they have.

Because the more people are paying the monthly fees, the more money they make.

Its the same with any business, if people want to pay their money for the service thats provided then the gym/or business is doing something right

I go to Virgin. It's very expensive. I could probably do with finding a cheaper option.

I joined because it had a lot of facilities and most important, branches around the country. Being away from home a lot it was very handy to be able to pop in to a local branch and kill a couple of hours after work, rather than sit in a hotel bored out of my mind.

When I lived in Chezzie I used to go to a gym with no name, at least not one I can remember. It was based in Pearson's old glass factory on Whit Moor. My God, that was one hell of a serious weight-lifters gym. Almost exclusively blokes - with 50 inch necks - and tatoo's - gulping steroids and able to put the "F" word into any sentence - even "Good F..... Morning". :o It was like a builder's yard in there - and you went to pump serious iron.

I enjoyed it at the time but I much prefer to go to gyms where I can see women training as well. Please ladies, don't go to women only gyms - it spoils it for us blokes.

I can concentrate much better if I've got some visual stimulation to take my mind off things.