Tramlines Festival 2011

HarleyLive

But they are one in,one out... not everyone is going to stand on Dev Green all day.

Sadly not. They're running on a 100 in, 100 out basis. Hence Devonshire Green has been about 2/3 empty all day and there have been as many people on the street as in the arena.

All the council have accomplished is to force people into drinking on the street. Well done there.

is it worth me going about 12ish tomorrow to que? my kids and both me and hubby really want to go but if they were queing from 5.30 am this morning is it worth us even trying. kids will get very bored queing so it will be a nightmare going any earlier than 2 hours brfore

A lot of people were collecting tickets this morning and not going in until this evening. So those who wanted to see the acts this afternoon weren't able too because even though the place was empty all the tickets were gone.

I wondered if this would happen when I first heard of it, I know my daughter and her friends did this, they collected their tickets in the morning but didn't go in until 4.30pm. That is really silly. They should have done a system where they counted them in, and then did one in one out when it was full.

is it worth me going about 12ish tomorrow to que? my kids and both me and hubby really want to go but if they were queing from 5.30 am this morning is it worth us even trying. kids will get very bored queing so it will be a nightmare going any earlier than 2 hours brfore

my lad joined the q at 10.30 today and got tickets

Well, my daughter and I went down about 6pm, picked our way through the drinkers (atmosphere seemed very friendly, not threatening or "chavvy" at all), and asked a man in a fluorescent jerkin what was going on with regard to numbers. He said they were doing "1 in 1 out".

So we got something to eat, came back and queued for a while - queue didn't move for ages, then moved quickly just as Athlete started. So it probably was "100 in, 100 out". We got in about 7, saw Athlete, Preston, Pixie Lott and Little Boots. My daughter got Pixie Lott's autograph and had a great time!

Next year some clarification over the ticketing situation would be good. And it was a shame we couldn't keep the tickets as she'd have liked one for a souvenir. Otherwise good.

The Devonshire Green has a strict 5000 capacity, if it goes even one person over there are serious consequences, with a bar it is a lot easier to keep tabs on the numbers going on to the site. Doing it this way ensures the amount of people does not go over that figure. It is unfortunate that it has to be this way, but there will be a great number of people in the city over this weekend and I think this is the fairest way to manage this stage.

Why bother with the tickets at all - just count in 5000 people?

Otherwise its going to turn out like yesterday with people collecting tickets, then not using them until later in the day, or people collecting two tickets each so they can use one at a later time?

It would be much better to just let in 5000 at a time - that way you dont have the situation where people have got tickets, but aren't using them while people outside can't get in - even though its clearly not full......

Went over last night, was good to see town so bustling... Sheffield actually felt like a proper city for a change!

My only complaint is I'd missed all the acts I wanted to see at Washington. The design and handling of information online and offline has been pretty appalling.

Richard H Kirk tonight for free. Oh yes.

I agree. Should either be 5000 in, no tickets needed or just wristbands like they use at Dot to Dot in Notts. I just doesn't make any sense to me.

The drop outs have been bad. The La's and Noisettes were the 2 big names I wanted to see.

The city is pretty buzzing this weekend though. My band is currently out of action and makes me desperate to get the line-up finished!

It is blatantly obvious why the council made Devonshire Green ticketed in my opinion. An area that is going to attract large numbers of people. All meeting in one area. Getting frustrated at not being able to get in, grow restless and riots could begin. Where as with ticketing you can separate the initial crowds from said area, meaning that it is a more gradual process lessening the chances of riots.

Archived