Tramlines Festival 2011

HarleyLive

If you went down there yesterday it wouldn't have taken you long to see that the organisers weren't enforcing this rule on Sunday either.

They were.

Some 16 year old girls asked me to accompany them in cos they were being turned away!!

Did the people complaining that they couldn't get a ticket even bother to go down and try to get one?

I agree that the event shouldn't have been ticketed but we went down at 10:30am on Saturday and 1pm on Sunday, queued for 30-45 minutes and picked up tickets. Everyone in the queue got one so if you would have turned up at 11.15am on Sat it 1:45pm on Sun you wouldn't have even had to queue to get tickets, you would have been able to walk right up.

Well done to everyone involved in Tramlines. To organise a successful event in such a short time frame was brilliant.

I agree with other posters that Sheffield did feel like a proper city. The only let down yesterday was the weather. I really hope that Tramilines is on again next year and will be bigger and even better!

Well done to everyone involved in Tramlines. To organise a successful event in such a short time frame was brilliant.

I agree with other posters that Sheffield did feel like a proper city. The only let down yesterday was the weather. I really hope that Tramilines is on again next year and will be bigger and even better!

:hihi::hihi: they'd been planning this for 2 years

Great weekend...For a first shot at a city festival...which is what we have been needing for years...Well done to everyone involved and to the folks who came and had fun whatever the weather...Bring it on for 2110...

...Bring it on for 2110...

i really hope we dont have to wait quite that long!!!!

i have to admit, a lot of tramlines has passed me by as i was busy at the vintage fair all weekend and had to work the evenings at the pub. but i did manage to get a golden pass from a friend and made it to the reverend and the makers gig last night....which didnt disappoint. and even though the rain was relentless, it almost added to the fun of the evening.

i really hope that this is seen by all those who will affect the future planning as a success and that it happens again next year.

x

I went to tramlines on Saturday, didn't bother trying to get a ticket, so just went to Tesco to buy some drinks and sat on the road outside Pizza Express, perfectly able to hear the music, and very presently surprised when Athlete started playing. It would be wonderful if this could become bigger in the future, moving the main stage to one of the parks on the edge of town. Ive never been, but Middlesbrough seem to do a good thing with their free live music city event.

I thought overall it was a great event for Sheffield. Was it just me or did Preston call us all bigots at the end of his set?

not surprised. everyone was booing him and cussing him for the whole thing. also i think some people were a bit preoccupied watching the somalian people and that lady arguing, haha.

Archived