Tramlines Festival 2011

HarleyLive

That was a brilliant event. And for free! People whinging really should be thankful for what was on offer.

Saturday I went down Division Street and it was a fantastic atmosphere. Everyone was smiling and (although there was trouble) I personally didnt see a single person causing bother.

Sunday was also brilliant. After watching my mate play at the Green Room and walked over the road and got a ticket for the main stage. Didnt queue. No fuss. This was about half 6.

Although it chucked it down, the atmosphere was brilliant, everyone singing and dancing and just having a good time.

And I loved the range of people there. From young kids with parents, to older couples to groups of teenage mates and young professionals. Brilliant stuff.

I really hope this becomes an annual thing. It seemed to be a roaring success judging by the amount of people around.

People it seems will whinge about anything if they get half a chance. People should lighten up and be proud of their city and what was put on. I was proud to be able to walk from my house on Eccy Road to see this 'urban glastonbury'

Fantastic

Hi - I was one of the organisers - I joined this thing years ago but i have never quite got round to saying anything. Anyway i thought it was really amazing to see the positive atmosphere in the middle of sheffield. Next year is a good idea but we hope that some of this atmosphere can come out every week. One of the big reasons for this festival is that as venues we were all looking at maybe going bust. so we needed to get Sheffield back on the map. Everyone involved in it has been blown away by how successful it was.

There were loads of mistakes but we did put this together in about four months (not the two years suggested somewhere else).

Exposed did an excellent job for us and the design was pretty much a copy of the glastonbury guide. The programme was confusing in part because we still didn't really know who was playing where when we went to press.

Our communication could be better - but massive respect to Matt and Chris who pulled together a daily newssheet.

I am sure it can be improved, but it worked only because everyone worked together on it.

Amazing. Thank You

Discodave

Congratulations on being involved in a great event. I am certain that 99% of people who went enjoyed it. And those that didnt go and whinged instead aren't worth listening to.

I sincerly hope it returns in 2010!

Hi - I was one of the organisers - I joined this thing years ago but i have never quite got round to saying anything. Anyway i thought it was really amazing to see the positive atmosphere in the middle of sheffield. Next year is a good idea but we hope that some of this atmosphere can come out every week. One of the big reasons for this festival is that as venues we were all looking at maybe going bust. so we needed to get Sheffield back on the map. Everyone involved in it has been blown away by how successful it was.

There were loads of mistakes but we did put this together in about four months (not the two years suggested somewhere else).

Exposed did an excellent job for us and the design was pretty much a copy of the glastonbury guide. The programme was confusing in part because we still didn't really know who was playing where when we went to press.

Our communication could be better - but massive respect to Matt and Chris who pulled together a daily newssheet.

I am sure it can be improved, but it worked only because everyone worked together on it.

Amazing. Thank You

Thankyou and all the other people involved - excellent stuff, lets hope we can all enjoy it again next year!

There were loads of mistakes but we did put this together in about four months (not the two years suggested somewhere else)....I am sure it can be improved, but it worked only because everyone worked together on it.

Amazing. Thank You

no...thank you! :D

well done for such an honest and open post- i think everyone realises that putting on an event of this scale for the first time is always going to have some teething problems.

but if the gripes that people have voiced can be addressed, i think future tramlines can only go from strength to strength. and after this weekends success, it would be a massive shame if it didnt happen again next year.

at least this time youve got a whole 12 months to get planning ahead with! ;):P

x

Congratulations on being involved in a great event. I am certain that 99% of people who went enjoyed it. And those that didnt go and whinged instead aren't worth listening to. I sincerly hope it returns in 2010!

I am also certain that 99% of people who went enjoyed it. However, if there are people 'whingeing' on here (and I'm sure some would include me in that) then it's not because we simply 'didn't go' - rather, we wanted to go but couldn't get in!

I also hope it returns next year, but with two simple changes to the ticket system, which would eradicate all the problems and make it fairer for everyone:

1. Make it strictly one ticket per person.

2. Set it up so that when you get your ticket you then have to continue straight inside.

i was busy at the vintage fair all weekend and had to work the evenings at the pub. but i did manage to get a golden pass from a friend and made it to the reverend and the makers gig last night

Lucky you! It's alright for some isn't it?! :wink:

Seriously, what was the deal with these golden tickets? I didn't know anything about them but on the day saw a fair few people strolling in and out of the Golden Ticket entrance at their leisure. Pretty frustrating when the rest of us have to queue and weren't guaranteed to get in at all. I wouldn't have thought it was in the spirit of the event to have what were essentially 'VIP tickets' for certain people.

Some 16 year old girls asked me to accompany them in cos they were being turned away!!

If they were 16 then what was the problem?! :D Sounds like they were very unlucky, as I saw plenty of unsupervised underage kids on the Sunday - clearly the staff weren't being totally vigilant.

Anyway, discodave67, I don't know who you are but my gripes are not towards you or the others who clearly worked very hard to actually organise this. The issues are with the council who I presume took over the actual on-the-day policing/organising of the main stage area and the ticketing system, which, as already explained, was fraught with problems.

Archived