Tramlines Festival 2011

HarleyLive

Great to the muppet who or mod who resurected a year old thread!!!!!! Why not start a new one instead of having to trawl through the whole thing to find out which year they are talking about!!!

Anyway I didnt go today, was thinking of going tomorrow BUT how come last year they had modern well known people like Pixie Lott and this year I cant see anyone like that? :/ (edited to add just checked and all the modern stuff like craig david etc...was on saturday night-nothing like spreading it out and mixing it up so people who cant get to 1 night can see modern stuff on another!!)

There is a lot of current bands playing today also. Yesterday Hallam FM hosted the mainstage, so it was a more pop tinged day. Today it is hosted by the Tramlines Festival itself.

I would recommend visiting the Washington! Wet Nuns & The Hope Explosion are playing tonight!

Is anyone elso going to one of the venues tonight?

Wet Nuns were supposed to be at DQ at 8pm. Left the Washy at quarter to and was told they wouldn't be ready at 8pm to start. Told maybe 8.45, maybe later. Seeing as Blood Red Shoes were on at 9pm, just didn't bother.

Don't know if it was the venues fault or the band, but the venue certainly wasn't letting people in even for a pint at 8pm.

I think the Tramlines event is a good idea, and it certainly brings in a lot of money into Sheffield looking at the amount of people around yesterday (especially pubs), but I think I'd rather just pay a tenner and watch a band or 3 on a normal night.

A total disgrace, the centre is just full of drunken idiots. The music is making my flat shake and has been nothing but crap dnb/urban stuff. Do the council think this funny? If they're going to put on entertainment why not something respectable that doesn't protrude into other people's business and turn Devonshire green into a tip. The stage was set up at snails pace with work going on into the wee hours of the morning so I could hear it as I tried to sleep. Badly organised, badly thought out, badly applied and full of horrible plebs. The security is also trespassing on West One. The city centre is disgusting at the moment, full of chavs. Good things are never free and that applies to music festivals as well as everything else. Horrible event and the council can **** off if they ever think there's another one. Playing music that you can hear clearly in private property is the most basic write in all society the right to property ownership, what if there young families trying to look after children and they can hear is "dum-dum-dum"?. Disgusting. Why can't anyone in the UK write a beat any more either? it's not just a kick on every crotchet.

What an absolute moron.

You buy a flat in the city centre and then complain about the area been busy and events being put on? I also live right next to Dev Green, and it wasn't full of chavs, more like families and young people having a great time, and possibly the highest concentration of extremely attractive women I've ever seen.

This weekend has been one of the best things ever about living in the city centre, its not as though the music outside went on late!

Archived