Tramlines Festival 2011

HarleyLive

They should arrange to clear up the areas they've used better as at the minute town looks a right mess with the area outside city hall being shockingly bad and very slippy/sticky

They should arrange to clear up the areas they've used better as at the minute town looks a right mess with the area outside city hall being shockingly bad and very slippy/sticky

Hey - I have just had a chat about the city hall area with the council. They cleaned half of it up last night and the other half will be done tomorrow. I think we have some lessons to learn from this year regards litter and clean up.

Also we need more toilets next year. That caught us out.

As for flyering - totally agree - there were way too many flyers out. It is a tricky one as anyone with a license is entitled to flyer in the city - but I am sure we can ask for a bit of restraint.

Keep the suggestions (and highlights!) coming

The Tramlines Team. x

I loved the Buskers Bus, the Cathedral acoustic stage, the scale of it, the vibe - a really, really good event. Appreciated the bar prices not being too ridiculous either. Thought the police and security staff were great.

To change? Fewer Dominos staff! Fewer leaflets (again), make it easier to get Tramlines Times, especially in main stage area, and more (recycling) bins everywhere please. Some acts were in the wrong kids of venues. Buskers' bus stops outside of the centre needed signposting more clearly (e.g. Broomhill and London Road - whereabouts in those areas, exactly?). Tell SYPTE not to change all their routes on Tramlines weekend! More choice of food stalls in main arena.

More free wifi in venues - I could only access it at the Nokia tent, and the wifi was useful for checking Twitter. Update schedule changes on Twitter (there seemed to be a few of those going on).

Cheers for the Buskers' Bus love, enjoyed the manic weekend of organising it, did anyone catch the secret gigs, either Everley Pregnant Brothers outside Wig and Pen, The Reason 4, Johnny Foreigner on the bus or Pete David and the Payroll Union or Lupen Crook outside the Milestone?

Unfortunately the buses were quite late additions this year so the route and getting it on the maps was quite late too. If we do it again, definitely a few things we can improve on there.

We have a playlist we'll keep updating with Buskers bus videos here: -

Hey - I have just had a chat about the city hall area with the council. They cleaned half of it up last night and the other half will be done tomorrow. I think we have some lessons to learn from this year regards litter and clean up.

Also we need more toilets next year. That caught us out.

As for flyering - totally agree - there were way too many flyers out. It is a tricky one as anyone with a license is entitled to flyer in the city - but I am sure we can ask for a bit of restraint.

Keep the suggestions (and highlights!) coming

The Tramlines Team. x

Highlights for me:

Cathedral acoustic. Sitting in a pew, drinking beer felt so wrong but good as well. As did having bouncers on the entrance!

Jon Windle - Step Out The Man is the sound track to Tramlines for me

Busker Line - Has to keep going

I think just the general vibe is brilliant. I live pretty central and the atmosphere is just a million times better in town when Tramlines is on. There's no chav mentality, isn't just filled with groups of guys and girls wanting to "ave it large", it's just a great place to be.

Also a highlight was West One Rox, I'm sure some residents complained but as one myself I thought it was awesome!

Archived