Acceptable age gap between 2 adults

John

Agreed. Once went out with an older woman (by eighteen years) who was entirely unsuitable; then went out with an eighteen year old who suited me perfectly.

I do have my suspicions where one f the parties isn't exactly into adulthood and the other is of advancing years - relationships have to be based on a level-playing field.

Nothing wrong with the actuall morality of a large age difference but most in time do not work out.

A 20 year age gap can seem good at the beggining of a relationship with a feeling of security by the younger party and an ego thing with the older one.

As soon as the relationship gets on, cracks usually appear with one (usually the older one) getting posessive and the younger one realising that an older partner can be embarrassing especially when meeting friends of there own age.

It would be interesting if anyone on here has a relationship of that stature and have made it a success.

Personally my wife is 2 years younger than me so I am not in a position to tell you how it feels but i do know someone my age who is in relations with an older gent and i get vibrations that not allis well on the western front.

Robert is 15 years younger than me and this is not an issue between us or people who know us (including our parents). Its people who don't know us that make it an issue and have this vision of a mature woman taking advantage!

Lucky Robert!:D

I think as long as both parties are over 18 it doesn't really matter, though it will always raise a few brows. Despite the age of consent being 16, however, the fact is that 16 year olds are still kids and anyone older than about 21 is definitely an adult. The thought of a 16 year old going out with a 40 year old, for example, is quite disturbing.

Archived