Pet Sounds at the Academy

from the uninformative website:

PET SOUNDS Playlist will take you from Just to Justice, Prince to Kings of Leon, Amy Winehouse to Smack My Bitch Up, Black Kids to White Lines, Hot Chip to Digitalism, The Who to That’s Not My Name, The Gossip to Somebody Told Me, Editors to Video Killed the Radio Star, LSF to MGMT, Faithless to Like a Prayer, Weekend Wars to I Predict a Riot, Reverend and the Makers to Son of a Preacher Man, The Enemy to We Are Your Friends, Lets Dance to Joy Division, Wombats to The Beatles, Beastie Boys to Girls Who Play Guitar, Thriller to The Killers, and so much more…..

PET SOUNDS Playlist will take you from Just to Justice, Prince to Kings of Leon, Amy Winehouse to Smack My Bitch Up, Black Kids to White Lines, Hot Chip to Digitalism, The Who to That’s Not My Name, The Gossip to Somebody Told Me, Editors to Video Killed the Radio Star, LSF to MGMT, Faithless to Like a Prayer, Weekend Wars to I Predict a Riot, Reverend and the Makers to Son of a Preacher Man, The Enemy to We Are Your Friends, Lets Dance to Joy Division, Wombats to The Beatles, Beastie Boys to Girls Who Play Guitar, Thriller to The Killers, and so much more…..

Sounds like what mikey plays upstairs in the casbah every week...

OK, I take back my comment about the website being uninformative - apparently it's just difficult to find information or was broken when I was looking at it (I clicked on every link from the main page and none of them came up with what you posted).

i found it all straight away, its the second link down on the main page

i dont think it is like other indie rooms in other venues, i've been to most indie nights in sheffield. i guess the main indie stuff is the same as casbah's, corp's and leadmill's indie rooms, but i've noticed that each different DJ plays different music, one week it could be slightly more rocky and the next it could be more dance orientated

Archived