Anyone do their driving test at the parkway test centre?

Don't quite understand why you would want to take up one of the driving errors with the DVLA (you should try the DSA instead) since you will be the first person in history to query a pass!

Subjective? Well the examiners' training and checks down by their superiors will allow the DSA to claim they are doing all they can to remove a lot of an examiner's subjectivity. By contrast, the ex's have been accused of being a little too rigid and robotic, marking only what they see.

See what response you get!

#

And I meant the DSA, obviously!..

I approached some traffic lights, with a two car gap between the lights and a keep clear section. On approaching the lights they turned red, at which I stopped behind the keep clear sign, as there was two cars already in front of it. I was told there was room for three cars, when in-fact there was old room for two. I was told in an abrupt manner ‘what I say is final’. I will show him what’s final, when I take my tape measure, measure the gap, then explore the average length of a car, then I will forward my compliant to DSA. What they say in answer to my complaint will then be final!. Thank-you much!

Im confused !!! Is this the test center on Orgreave ind est ?? or the one above Asda just off the parkway ?? Do'h..

The new one near CostCo/Macro ...

The one near to Asda shut in March this year after many, many years (I took my test there in 1977.)

#

And I meant the DSA, obviously!..

I approached some traffic lights, with a two car gap between the lights and a keep clear section. On approaching the lights they turned red, at which I stopped behind the keep clear sign, as there was two cars already in front of it. I was told there was room for three cars, when in-fact there was old room for two. I was told in an abrupt manner ‘what I say is final’. I will show him what’s final, when I take my tape measure, measure the gap, then explore the average length of a car, then I will forward my compliant to DSA. What they say in answer to my complaint will then be final!. Thank-you much!

But you passed the test... let go? Whats one less minor going to do for you in life??

'Cos i got mine there in 3 days :(

Experiences?

What route did you go on and do they always take you on the parkway?

Good luck...:)

ps just relax and drive like a grandad and you'll pass. remember mirror signal manoeuvre. ;)

I think you`ll find that complaints have to go through a court!

No court gets involved - nothing as grand as that!

The DSA will take on complaints only when the candidate feels that the test was conducted improperly for which you'd need a great deal of corroborated evidence. Very few complaints are lodged and even fewer are upheld.

(So arguing whether a driving fault was worth noting or not when the result was a pass will not even get a second glance let alone a hearing, I'm afraid.)

Under no circumstance will the result of the test be changed. If the complaint goes with the candidate (in the event of a failed test) a free retest is offered.

• 8 months later...

Passed mine at the old test handsworth test centre and got a load of faults - all of which were down to the examiners error - like telling me that 50 was too slow on the parkway - which it wasn't, and that I had been hesitant at pulling out at the roundabout - even though it was busy as hell and the only way I could have got out was to knock another car out of the way.

But yes - I did panic slightly when the bus almost hit me whilst I was doing a three point turn - the stupid bus driver chatting to some tart rather than watching the road. Even the examiner piddled his pants, but I got a minor for it.

Anyhow - I passed so I don't care.

Archived