How do I get the mobile speed camera on our road?

I'm a bit bored with hearing this "only 5% of accidents are caused by speeding" line. People don't know where it stemmed from, namely Daily Mail hype of an already flawed and unscientific DfT report which was misquoted as usual by the Daily Mail a few years ago and then taken up by Clarkson who as we know is a thoroughly unbiased chap never, ever prone to a rant. ;)

The stats in the report were only based on 'initial police assessment', i.e. at the scene - anyone who has been involved in a serious accident knows that any objective assessment of speed is only carried out afterwards, after statements are taken, examination of vehicles and skidmarks etc. Plus the Independent Statistics Commission questioned the stats anyway as 'understating by half as many again' the figures of those injured, as they did not tally with NHS figures nor with convictions.

Quite right, I've seen that myth trotted out by speedophiles before, someone even claimed it on this thread but seems to have disappeared after it was pointed out he was talking a load of old trousers.

Two sources please, the first that blames pedestrians for 80% of RTAs involving motor vehicles and pedestrians, and one, solitary, single post from me that has EVER APOLOGISED FOR CRIMINAL CYCLISTS.

I can tell you confidently you will fail on both counts, and once again i ask you to argue with what I've said, not your silly lies.

Before I have to prove my number, how about you provide a source for the number you provided first?

Quite right, I've seen that myth trotted out by speedophiles before, someone even claimed it on this thread but seems to have disappeared after it was pointed out he was talking a load of old trousers.

Anyone who doesn't roll over and die in awe of your opinion is now a speedophile.

Your arrogance is quite impressive, in an offensive kind of way.

The actual stats are massively more complex than any single statistic or headline can possibly convey - click on this link to see how the complexity of published figures on ACCIDENT CONTRIBUTORY FACTORS from 2005 shape up:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/adobepdf/162469/221412/221549/227755/contributoryfactorstoroadacc1802

For starters, note that there are, in this analysis at least, 77 contributory factors available to the police!

Happy reading (if you can keep awake long enough!)

Wrong.

Look it up.

The reason why opinions garnered from lay interpretations are often

wrong is that many people have speeding convictions and don't like

being labelled as ciminals because of it.

Yes, speeding is a criminal offence, and a conviction results in a

criminal record. If asked you are obliged to disclose it, unless it is

spent, although many companies - prospective employers for example -

will often ask for details of convictions excluding minor traffic or

speeding offences.

There is no such thing as a "motoring offence". The law says there are just "offences" and at least one jduge has remarked that "offence" is merely shorthand for "criminal offence" or "crime".

Speeding is a crime.

It is in fact easy to come to this conclusion because the magistrates'

court can impose a fine if you are caught speeding and they only have

the power to impose fines on convicted criminals.

Put simply, any action which is punished (prosecuted) by the state is

a criminal offence.

Do you have any of your own opinions or knowledge of this matter? You could have at least changed the wording.... :hihi:

You are not given a CRO - criminal record - number following a speeding offence and it is not recorded on the police national computer.

Edited by BoroughGal