How do I get the mobile speed camera on our road?

In Great Britain, data collected (6) about road traffic accidents in 1999 to 2002 examined the factors involved in each accident. Excessive speed was the most common contributory factor in fatal accidents, playing a part in 28% of all fatal accidents examined in the trial. Careless, thoughtless or reckless behaviour was next, being a contributory factor in 21% of all fatal accidents examined.

In accidents resulting in any severity of casualty, inattention was the most common contributory factor, found in 25% of all accidents examined in the trial. Failing to judge another person's path or speed was the next most common contributory factor, playing a part in 23% of all accidents examined.

6 - From section "Analyses of contributory factor data" in Road Casualties Great Britain: 2003 Annual Report. This data was collected as part of a voluntary trial involving fifteen police forces in Great Britain between 1999 and 2002, and therefore the results are not National Statistics.

http://www.bobulous.org.uk/articles/road_traffic_accident.html

Your turn.

Evidence that sleep-related accidents have increased please.

Or evidence that speed is the 'be all and end all' of road safety.

Or evidence that I ever said a 10mph reduction would prevent all accidents.

You'll ignore these questions, just as you ignore any questions that highlight your ignorance, but I will thank you to argue with what I've said and stop making stuff up that was never said by me or anyone else.

In Great Britain, data collected (6) about road traffic accidents in 1999 to 2002 examined the factors involved in each accident. Excessive speed was the most common contributory factor in fatal accidents, playing a part in 28% of all fatal accidents examined in the trial. Careless, thoughtless or reckless behaviour was next, being a contributory factor in 21% of all fatal accidents examined.

In accidents resulting in any severity of casualty, inattention was the most common contributory factor, found in 25% of all accidents examined in the trial. Failing to judge another person's path or speed was the next most common contributory factor, playing a part in 23% of all accidents examined.

6 - From section "Analyses of contributory factor data" in Road Casualties Great Britain: 2003 Annual Report. This data was collected as part of a voluntary trial involving fifteen police forces in Great Britain between 1999 and 2002, and therefore the results are not National Statistics.

http://www.bobulous.org.uk/articles/road_traffic_accident.html

Your turn.

Evidence that sleep-related accidents have increased please.

Or evidence that speed is the 'be all and end all' of road safety.

Or evidence that I ever said a 10mph reduction would prevent all accidents.

You'll ignore these questions, just as you ignore any questions that highlight your ignorance, but I will thank you to argue with what I've said and stop making stuff up that was never said by me or anyone else.

Bring in some of your own words or experience,stop cutting and pasting crap that could and probably is bias,dont forget the same people who write this stuff also make millions from speeding.i know if i did i may bend the truth a little too.

Im certainly not going to plug the fact that actually sensible speeds by sensible capable drivers arnt actually contributing at all the the negatives of road safety am i now?

Which people in the links I've posted 'make millions' from speeding please?

You're saying the University of Liverpool report was biased and financially corrupt?

Got any actual evidence for that, and your other claims, please?

See, in a debate tis me, if a contention is submitted it is usual for supporting evidence to be submitted. Otherwise anyone can post any old nonsense. You ought to be able to back up what you claim. That way you can support your claims and not come across as a manic, dishonest, gibbering froth-merchant who couldn't find his arse with both hands in a thunderstorm.

No offence.

Which people in the links I've posted 'make millions' from speeding please?

You're saying the University of Liverpool report was biased and financially corrupt?

Got any actual evidence for that, and your other claims, please?

See, in a debate tis me, if a contention is submitted it is usual for supporting evidence to be submitted. Otherwise anyone can post any old nonsense. You ought to be able to back up what you claim. That way you can support your claims and not come across as a manic, dishonest, gibbering froth-merchant who couldn't find his arse with both hands in a thunderstorm.

No offence.

No offence taken but i note you havnt brought an ounce of experience to this thread other than cut and pasted info.

you dont drive do you? Ha Ha

Empirical evidence you mean?

That's an interesting point and harks back to what I said earlier.

Speedophiles cite the bogus 6% figure mentioned upthread and use it to dishonestly downplay the role of speed in making the roads dangerous and unpleasant.

The reality, of course, is that THERE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE AN ACCIDENT FOR SPEEDING TO BE AGGRESSIVE, ANTI-SOCIAL AND ANNOYING!

For instance:

Which antisocial behaviours are the British public most concerned about? University of Reading finds out

Release Date : 11 December 2006

Speeding is top of the league when it comes to antisocial behaviour, a University of Reading study has shown.

Thames Valley Police approached psychologists at the University of Reading and asked them to analyse the British Crime Survey - which considers the concerns of more than 17,000 people across the UK.

Speeding traffic was rated as a significantly greater problem than all other antisocial behaviours, with 43% of the population regarded speeding traffic as a 'very' or 'fairly big' problem in their area.

Furthermore, the perception of speeding traffic as the antisocial behaviour of most concern was held by both men and women - young, middle aged, and old.

The study's authors, Dr Damian Poulter and Professor Frank McKenna from the University of Reading's Psychology department, replicated the findings in a second survey, which also found that 85% of respondents felt travelling immediately above the speed limit on residential roads was unacceptable behaviour.

Professor McKenna said "It would appear that we have greatly underestimated the degree of public concern over speeding.

"In comparison to concerns such as intimidation, vandalism, harassment, disruptive neighbours, drunkenness and drugs, speeding is the number one concern."

http://www.reading.ac.uk/about/newsandevents/releases/PR3936.asp

You see what I mean?

Deaths aren't mentioned.

Serious injuries caused by speedophiles aren't mentioned.

Speeding bullies people off the roads. Divides communities. Terrifies old people. Bullies cyclists and other vulnerable road users off the roads.

Focusing on KSI rates is blinkered, speeding upsets, annoys and intimidates people whether or not they are unfortunate enough to be hit by a driver going too fast.

Just wandering if you actually drive?

Yep, and cycle more than most. Because of that, I have an interest in road safety that somebody with an irrational antipathy toward vulnerable road users will not share.

Out of interest, would not driving exclude me from talking about road safety?

The easiest solution to this is ban any driver who is unable to drive at 70mph or over, they simply should not exist on the road.

I would also ban anybody who cannot use a road correctly (i.e. all the people on the new IRR who insist on driving in the right hand lane, as they are turning right some 2 miles up the road)

The last solution would be to remove 30 limits and make the minimum speed 40; we can then concentrate on educating pedestrians on road safety, rather than victimising the poor car driver.

Remember, you can manipulate any stat to show what you want to show, STATS are for TW@TS