How do I get the mobile speed camera on our road?

Report the post......

You could even deny 'tis me' and 'Newvanandman' isn't one and the same person.

I'm clearly missing something here and sorry to the OP to take this thread off topic, you clearly have some sort of obsession with Newvanandman?

Who is he and why is it so important to you weather or not 'tis me' is the same person?

I'm not suggesting it is the same person but so what if it was. The rest of don't care enough to have lively threads ruinned buy you posting the same off topic comment over and over.

Edited by chrisphysics

I'm clearly missing something here and sorry to the OP to take this thread off topic, you clearly have some sort of obsession with Newvanandman?

Who is he and why is it so important to you weather or not 'tis me' is the same person?

Look up 'Sock Puppet' as a term in forum discussions.

In essence it gives a poster the ability to create the impression that their opinion/rhetoric is shared by more than one person. Therefore the appearance of more gravitas to the discussion.

It's a big no, no for forums, as you can imagine.

There are fines for graffiti or urinating in the street the same as there are fines for speeding.

I don't get any fines because I don't speed, draw spaffing cocks on walls or pee against a wall on the way home. Only criminals pay fines. Don't speed, don't get a fine, it's simple!

Ah, but drawing on a wall or urinating in public is a decision you take, speeding isn't quite so cut and dried is it.

You have to conciously make the effort not to speed, by checking your speed. You don't have to avoid scrawling on a wall on a daily basis do you?

I agree with most posters on here that the speed limits we have set for a lot of our roads are wrong.

We should impose more variable limits in certain urban areas, dropping to 20mph limits at certain times of day (start and end of school, lunchtime maybe) and going to higher limits (40mph maybe) during nocturnal hours. These limits should be enforced by speed cameras.

We shouldn't, however, introduce a blanket reduction from 60mph to 50mph on NSL single carriageways. That really is a step towards average speed cameras and a licence for local authorities to print money.

You have to remember that vehicle technology has advanced, not only in braking and tyre technology, but in active safety systems (ABS, ESP, ATC, etc) and in chassis design dynamics. My Mk5 Golf can out handle my 88 TVR on most country roads, and the brakes are in a different league.

With regards to the OP. Would it be possible to put up one of those LED signs that shows a driver his/her speed. I think that these are quite effective.

Look up 'Sock Puppet' as a term in forum discussions.

In essence it gives a poster the ability to create the impression that their opinion/rhetoric is shared by more than one person. Therefore the appearance of more gravitas to the discussion.

It's a big no, no for forums, as you can imagine.

Yes. Okay.

Ah, but drawing on a wall or urinating in public is a decision you take, speeding isn't quite so cut and dried is it.

You have to conciously make the effort not to speed, by checking your speed. You don't have to avoid scrawling on a wall on a daily basis do you?

I agree with most posters on here that the speed limits we have set for a lot of our roads are wrong.

We should impose more variable limits in certain urban areas, dropping to 20mph limits at certain times of day (start and end of school, lunchtime maybe) and going to higher limits (40mph maybe) during nocturnal hours. These limits should be enforced by speed cameras.

We shouldn't, however, introduce a blanket reduction from 60mph to 50mph on NSL single carriageways. That really is a step towards average speed cameras and a licence for local authorities to print money.

You have to remember that vehicle technology has advanced, not only in braking and tyre technology, but in active safety systems (ABS, ESP, ATC, etc) and in chassis design dynamics. My Mk5 Golf can out handle my 88 TVR on most country roads, and the brakes are in a different league.

With regards to the OP. Would it be possible to put up one of those LED signs that shows a driver his/her speed. I think that these are quite effective.

Speeding is entirely avoidable, if you fail to notice the speed limit and a dirty great box painted yellow you deserve the fine.

You seem to be arguing that drivers ought not to consciously make the effort to avoid breaking the law.

The excuse 'I didn't mean to' cuts no ice when so many people die because drivers thought it was safe to speed.

been doing a spot of work for an hour or two and come back to some very funny conversation on this one, I almost feel like I am sat in a pub :)

Just out of curiousity - does anyone actually know how someone gets the mobile speed camera set up on your road? - like a phone number or email address or something

anybody ?