Any Jazz fans left in Sheffield?

OMG. I am very sorry to hear that.  He had an Encyclopaedic knowledge of Sheffield Jazz in all its forms.   I was fortunate to be able to play vibes at a number of venues in the 70s/early 80s and had worked with Dave when I was at Radio Sheffield 73 - 81.   Sadly lost touch with it all after leaving the city and have had to give up the vibes due to spinal disease.    Get my kicks on Amazon Music Unlimited now. 

Is this the David France at High Storrs 1953 to58? Been trying to get info about c and d form pupils. Seen D. France mentioned in Old Cenralians, which I understand is now defunct. Alun Roberts

Started going to folk clubs in the late 50's, Queens park in Chesterfield, the pub opposite the George in Hathersage, then changed to trad jazz in the 60's.

The Punchbowl, Silver Fox at Stocksbridge, big fan of the Climax jazz band, some pubs in Sheffield centre , can't remember names, probably not there now.

Saw Dave and his Jubilee ??? band many times at the Three Horseshoes at Wickersly. Always a convivial evening, apart from once when I was doing a video, and someone objected to my blocking their view

• 1 month later...