What do these people with thousands of posts on here actually do ?

My day job is Freelance Internet Usage Monitor. Companies hire me to check up on their employees' non-work-related use of the internet; what sites they go on, how long they spend there, the things they post on public forums. In order to do this, I deliberately make provocative posts on forums myself to goad the suspects into reacting; I don't like having to do this, but it's what I get paid for.

I then produce a report for their bosses, which is used at disciplinary hearings that determine whether they should be sacked for gross misconduct.

So far I have successfully helped companies in Sheffield dispense with the service of 287 skiving employees. I wonder who might be next.......

(and if you believe all that.....)

My day job is Freelance Internet Usage Monitor. Companies hire me to check up on their employees' non-work-related use of the internet; what sites they go on, how long they spend there, the things they post on public forums. In order to do this, I deliberately make provocative posts on forums myself to goad the suspects into reacting; I don't like having to do this, but it's what I get paid for.

I then produce a report for their bosses, which is used at disciplinary hearings that determine whether they should be sacked for gross misconduct.

So far I have successfully helped companies in Sheffield dispense with the service of 287 skiving employees. I wonder who might be next.......

(and if you believe all that.....)

Ha ha! .. I suspect that is very tongue in cheek! I know that my "name"is Alcoblog on my Avatar thingy but my real name is Bill Gates!... I monitor everything! So far I've caught 198763 skivers in Sheffield alone! I suspect that you and your other half could be next! As you know ..I don't get paid a lot but me and my mate Tim Berners - Lee like to get the forums clean with our little electronic vacuum cleaners! Oops gotta dash!...Stephen Hawkings has just popped round for a cuppa ! :hihi:

• 2 years later...
been on here a while now and think the forum is jolly good (esp compared to some other cities). It keeps me entertained and informed and I reckon I post a lot - about 60 in 6 months and spend enough time on here - about 30 mins every day or so

Which makes me wonder, how come there are people in here with tens of thousands of posts

No life ?

Plain nosey ?

Lots of people using the same login ?

Computer generated by some clever spod ?

love to know . . .

I reckon they are just plain nosey.:roll:

To be fair, someone like me who's been a member for 7 years, my post count averages just over 1 post per day.

So those who have thousands of post, might not be online as much as you think.

Look in your stats it will tell you your average post per day.

More posts is not necessarily indicative of spending ages on the forum.

I skim the boards and if anybody posts anything stupid or wrong I'll say so and I usually get a three day ban for it.

been on here a while now and think the forum is jolly good (esp compared to some other cities). It keeps me entertained and informed and I reckon I post a lot - about 60 in 6 months and spend enough time on here - about 30 mins every day or so

Which makes me wonder, how come there are people in here with tens of thousands of posts

No life ?

Plain nosey ?

Lots of people using the same login ?

Computer generated by some clever spod ?

love to know . . .

It may sound crazy, but...

Some people actually have access to computers in their daily workplace...

some even manage to find a few minutes in the day to sit and use them recreationally!

I predict that in the future, computers will be more commonplace and less feared by those who have yet to meet one :smile:

Guest sibon
Has anyone seen a red Subaru lately?

Just asking like.

I have one. I keep it in a bucket.

I'd like another bucket... any idea where I might get one?

Archived