Nelsons Rock Bar

paranoid

It can be friendly depending on what you wear :s:

The reception my bf and i have had has differed dramatically depending on what we were wearing! When he's wearing band t shirts etc then generally its ok but the time we went in and he had a shirt etc on, wasn't such a friendly reception. That was on a saturday mind

The reception my bf and i have had has differed dramatically depending on what we were wearing! When he's wearing band t shirts etc then generally its ok but the time we went in and he had a shirt etc on, wasn't such a friendly reception. That was on a saturday mind

Really? There are loads of people downstairs with shirts on on a Saturday night....Does he have a skinhead?

This pub is ok but much prefer Dove and Rainbow

Thanks for the comment, but I think both of us, Dove + Rainbow AND The Nelson, deserve a lot of credit for doing stuff no one else in Sheffield dare do! I like to think that both of us offer a decent alternative haven from the maze of cloned 'plastic bars' that have sprung up all over Sheffield......long live rock and roll.....we love tattoos, leather, denim, long hair and total wierdness!!!!!!

Just off to Nottingham to see Buck Cherry tonight, and will be doing the essential Nottingham rock pub crawl....Nottingham has more rock pubs that we do so I am expecting a very lively and thriving rock scene down there....I LOVE ROCK N ROLL

Have a great Saturday night Sheffield, its my 1st WHOLE Sat off completely in 3 years so I think I may PARTY!!!!!!!

Nottingham is a great night out, but I found Rock City to be a bit of a let down when I got there. All the rock pubs like the Sal were great though

Really? I thought Rock City was awesome last night.....did the Salutation but the upstairs bit was closed off...did the Tap and Tumbler which was quite cool too....

How was your night, GoldenFleece? I was living in Nottingham from 90 - 93 and did Rock City every Friday and Saturday - til Saturday became too androgynous so we switched to the rock night at Central Park... or hitched (eek! My Dad would kill me if he knew) up to Sheffield.

We used to go to the Sal and the Tumbler, and our last stop before Rock City was always Fagins :)

Good times.

Hope you had a brill night :D

i don't think i've ever been to this place... unless i was extremely drunk and can't remember :)

i saw it a couple of weeks ago when i went for a chinese

what's it like?

cheers

It's a great place, with live bands playing downstairs, and I think they still do Heavy Rock Karaoke on Wednesdays, although I haven't been there for about a year.

From my experience, I always have a great night in there no matter what I'm wearing. I've been in my work uniform, a "trendy" shirt as well as band shirts and no one bats an eye-lid. Someone I work with looks really chavvy in what he wears and he was scared to go in. But he's been in a couple of times and loves the fact that no one says anything or looks at him weird.

Are you sure you're not just being paranoid?

Archived