DAM HOUSE, Excellent bar/restaurant, great atmosphere

nadsime

Funny how the OP is so full of praise for the place with their one and only post, a new thread at that, and is 'answered' almost exactly 24 hours later by someone from there with promotional advice.

Personally, I think this place is overpriced and awful. Which is why it is closed most w/e to people who have hired it (no locals, wonder why?). I pity anyone hiring this place as the food is quite average and yet quite expensive. A winning combination if you expect people to only go there once...

Oh, and in case you think I am being overly suspicious, check out the thread history of user 'posh' above my thread. They've been around a long time. And the evening after a lovely graduation meal accurately listing almost everything on the menu, what better way to round it off than posting a thread detailing it all on the forum of the local area :hihi:

I have to add to this, we love this place, both for lunch and dinner. The menu is fab and service has always been brilliant.

I also love the yorkshire pudding and my husband adores your rhubarb crumble.

Keep up the good work!

Funny how the OP is so full of praise for the place with their one and only post, a new thread at that, and is 'answered' almost exactly 24 hours later by someone from there with promotional advice.

Personally, I think this place is overpriced and awful. Which is why it is closed most w/e to people who have hired it (no locals, wonder why?). I pity anyone hiring this place as the food is quite average and yet quite expensive. A winning combination if you expect people to only go there once...

- Sorry that you feel that way.

I think you will find we are far from overpriced ... have you every been.

Please pop in and speak to us and ask for the manager Shaun, as if we have done anything to upset you in the past we would love the opportunity to put it right.

We welcome good and honest feed back, and we will look in to your comments regarding food quality and pricing.

One final note, we thank users of this forum for their kind words, and hope to see you all at the Dam house soon.

Isnt it funny that if you look in this section the last 5 posts have been answered by Dam House, I suspect they are struggling and are touting for business, is this Jack Danny in another guise i wonder

I think that Dam House is going to have a bit of an uphill struggle to remove the memories of JackDanny..... It may be that there are different people there now but there was no way I would have gone when he was around. Maybe I will give it a go some time and report back.

I think that Dam House is going to have a bit of an uphill struggle to remove the memories of JackDanny..... It may be that there are different people there now but there was no way I would have gone when he was around. Maybe I will give it a go some time and report back.

who is jackdanny???

I've been a few times and always found the food to be nice, the service good and the price reasonable. There was only one time that I felt the music could have been turned down a little.

I tried to book again recently on a Saturday night but they were booked up with a private party.

I'd certainly go again. I wouldn't mind a few new things on the menu though!

Archived