New Thai Restaurant on Ecclesall Road

Eclaire

• 1 month later...

This looks nice. I saw the review in the Sheffield Telegraph this week, and was looking forward to trying it out. Until i noticed that their set meals for 1 start at £24.95. Breaking that down thats 15quid for your main, and a fiver each for starter & desert.

I dont mind paying a lot for a decent meal if it's worth it, but Thai food isnt exactly expensive. There's no free range / organic / rare breed etc involved. It's mostly ruddy noodles and sauce.

I think they are thaiking the wee and look forward to the prices coming down as they realize they've been sussed. Then I shall go.

Very few restaurants charge on what the food costs alone. Rent on units on ecclesall road is ridiculous, for example. That is why many of the italian places are overpriced (how much does pasta and tomato and mozzarella cost?!)compared with those on say, London Road.

The running costs of a restaurant in Thailand and a restaurant on Ecclesall Road are not comparable.

Edited by Kthebean
spelling restaurant!

Very few restaurants charge on what the food costs alone. Rent on units on ecclesall road is ridiculous, for example. That is why many of the italian places are overpriced (how much does pasta and tomato and mozzarella cost?!)compared with those on say, London Road.

The running costs of a restaurant in Thailand and a restaurant on Ecclesall Road are not comparable.

I appreciate that but £25 in Sheffield - in a credit crunch?? Thats london prices