New Thai Restaurant on Ecclesall Road

Eclaire

Go buy some Lemon Grass from Tesco and tell me it's not expensive. What about Thai Basil, galangal, Kaffir Lime leaves and all the others, not many fields of Galangal in the UK and my Kaffir Lime tree cost me £60

You can get all those things much cheaper than tesco in one of the big chinese supermarkets/wholesalers though, they're really not that expensive.

Having said that, I don't think £25 a head is a rip off if the food and service is really good. If you want a load of crap food for a tenner then you get yourself down to Jumbo or similar. You pays your money....

You can get all those things much cheaper than tesco in one of the big chinese supermarkets/wholesalers though, they're really not that expensive.

Having said that, I don't think £25 a head is a rip off if the food and service is really good. If you want a load of crap food for a tenner then you get yourself down to Jumbo or similar. You pays your money....

Hmm, you sort of missed my point!

And I agree, if you want cheap food then buy a pot noodle!

Eating at a prime location in London's going to cost more than £25

3 course meal at Claridges - Just a fiver more than a Thai meal on Eccy Rd.

http://www.gordonramsay.com/claridges/menus/setlunch/

Like I said im happy to pay for good food- but that generally means good expensive ingredients. Thai food ingredients is cheap cheap cheap. Even in this country.

If you're foolish enough to pay top dollar for some chopped veg and non descript (and undoubtably battery / farmed) meat / fish thats up to you!

• 1 year later...

Archived