Nuisance calls from british gas

ive had about ten calls from british gas , asking if i want to take there electric. i have said no every time, yet they still ring. 8pm last night. when i asked to speak to a manager i was cut off, so i did dial back and when i rang the number ,a tape message said british gas rang you earlier but we will get you another time thank you whats the best way to get shut off them.

Heavy breath down the phone, that will stop them :hihi:

Personally I would ring the main number of BG and ask sweetly to speak to a manager explaining I couldn't possible tell the monkey what the organ grinder needs to be told and when you actually get to speak to the manager ask for his name before you......................go mental at him for working at company who insists on ringing all the time and who can't understand the word no, what part of the word no don't you get? Have you got half a brain? Well have you? beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep :rant::rant::rant: want to come round my house so I can know ur block off? Well do ya? Come on hard man lets see what ur made of :rant:

Scream as loud as you can until they hang up.

Alternatively use one of those personal attack alarms that are frighteningly loud and set it off as close to the phone as you can. With a bit of luck you will deafen the caller, forcing them to quite their telesales job. Repeat every time they call you and eventually they will run out of salespeople and will thus be unable to harrass you with nuisance calls altogether.

Tell them that you're Mick Hucknall and that if they don't stop calling you'll release a new Simply Red album.

You'll unleash the new single down the phone. Oh! The terror it would strike into the gut of any call centre operative.

• 1 year later...

Yep we've had lots of calls from them every month we get same thing,they call ask for my hubby who's at work till 7pm they say they'll call back and they don't then a few days later they do same thing over again.Last time a guy rang my hubby said NO to him and he guy said why are you messing me about? hubby said who the F**k do you think you are? and hung up! then later this Scotish woman rang asking to talk to hubby who had by this time gone out shopping i told her we're not interested and hung up.Now she's rang up agin this morning asking for him again,why can't these people take NO for an answer? are they thick? I'm registerd also with TPS but that makes no difference.:roll:

do as i do...when they say its gas etc etc, say ok put the reciever down leaving them talking for as long as it takes...keep a quick listen make sure they are still there...probably ages anyhow with the gassing they do!!! try and get in for the last few mins or when youre ready...then say no thanks!! all that effort for zero!

Archived