Oldest School building in Sheffield.

Texas

Sure was a lot of money of money to be made when the old 'Board' schools etc were dropped in the 70's and 80's eg Huntsman's Gardens, Coleridge Road etc etc. The dressed stone and slated roofs (a lot of Westmoreland and Porthmadoc slating) - the cost was just peppercorn due to the salvage!! Anyway regarding oldsest school buildings - still in use - my money would be between Intake J & I (the original building fronting on to Mansfield Road) or Parson Cross (C.E.) J & I - on the left going up Penistone Road - the old house on the bottom side of that school (if still there) predates the school building by some years but hasn't been used to teach in I understand. Perhaps the old Low Bradfield building (taken over by Sheffield in 1974 and sadly closed to kids about 20 years ago) - the kids being transferred to Dungworth J & I - could have beaten the lot when it was open?

Hi,

My money would be on Parson Cross School.

Regards

Archived