Growing up in Beighton

:love:HI i was born in Beighton in 1940 and went to shool there in the sixties i used to court a lass from shefield she used to say we lived in the sticks and called us Beighton Bucket Bangers Any one remember Molly Dewick and Christine Simpson I once asked christine for a date but she said no i was to scrawny i weigh 15 stone now :love:

• 3 months later...

I lived in Beighton as a child in the sixties before we moved to Canada - 113 Woodhouse Lane. I remember playing with the Wendy (I think last name-Shaw) mentioned in an earlier post and who lived a few houses over from us - she had a brother called Malcolm I believe. We lived next door to Radford Family and across the the street from Molinaries Ice cream. I remember walking up a hill to the corner shop - I think the name was "Anderson's" or something like that. Any information about these families and another of a girl on Robin Lane that I played with also, who was called Judith, would be appreciated.

I lived in Beighton as a child in the sixties before we moved to Canada - 113 Woodhouse Lane. I remember playing with the Wendy (I think last name-Shaw) mentioned in an earlier post and who lived a few houses over from us - she had a brother called Malcolm I believe. We lived next door to Radford Family and across the the street from Molinaries Ice cream. I remember walking up a hill to the corner shop - I think the name was "Anderson's" or something like that. Any information about these families and another of a girl on Robin Lane that I played with also, who was called Judith, would be appreciated.

My relatives moved to Canada from Beighton, their names are Ian and Jean Cadman, the Cadman family lived on Woodhouse Lane one who may be about your age is Peter who posts on this forum.

I remember Andersons at the top of Victoria Road? I also remember Wendy and her siblings,Diane. Malcolm and Kevin..Was Judith's surname "Ellis"?

Edited by truman

• 1 month later...

Hi to everyone loging onto this page. Wot wonderfull memories come flooding back when reading the pages of our wonderfull little vilage (as it was all thouse years ago,) I rember a good 90% of all i read, event, people, and places,I was so sadened when i read that my X girlefriend Pat Clarke had passed away wot a shock, dose any one rember going to Beighton swimming baths on them hot summer days (Sand Quary)and the old courting ground gun sites walking back down School Road, Ive been left Beighton close on 48years mum and dad still live there both in there 90is my sister Margaret and brother Stuwart also.

Hi to everyone loging onto this page. Wot wonderfull memories come flooding back when reading the pages of our wonderfull little vilage (as it was all thouse years ago,) I rember a good 90% of all i read, event, people, and places,I was so sadened when i read that my X girlefriend Pat Clarke had passed away wot a shock, dose any one rember going to Beighton swimming baths on them hot summer days (Sand Quary)and the old courting ground gun sites walking back down School Road, Ive been left Beighton close on 48years mum and dad still live there both in there 90is my sister Margaret and brother Stuwart also.

I remember Stuart from schooldays, did you live up school road? I had some good times in the shelters, we used to play guitars in one of them, I am in touch with Cyril Wright on Facebook and we have been in touch with many of the Beighton lads. I am Ian Williams, I have 2 sisters Anne and Marilyn we lived on Woodhouse Lane, you may also know my cousin Trevor, or Rita. Fond memories of Beighton. If you use Facebook find me, there are lots of us and some brilliant pictures. Kind Regards. Ian.

There was a freddie Harris lived in Elm Cottages who had a sister Margret and I think his Dad was called Tommy

This was late 1940's early 50's

You nearly got me with Beighton Swimming Baths until you said Sand quarry LOL

You remember the camp being used after the Army left?

All gone now fields covered in houses

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in touch with Adrian Stapelton who now lives in Scotland. I have also been in touch with Rob Pearson, Joe and Ernie. I have some brill pictures of our schooldays shared with these guys, Fantastic. We have been chatting this morning about the scouts, PC Dixon, the bobby's helmet in the southall "sewerta" swings. Can anyone remember my cousin Trevor Williams and his sister Rita?