Growing up in Beighton

Did Uncle Timmy know Pat, Frank and John (Stan) Jones, they worked at Brookhouse. Pat and Frank were injured in '58 in the accident.

I Remember Stan Jones he used to be on committe at old Beighton Miners Welfare. we used to go in club most nights. A big hitter called Jack Towns used to go in club every body was scared of him :hihi:. If jack says it was raining it was raining. You used to have to put your name on board if you wanted a game of snooker jack used to go straight on nobody ever pulled him. He came from Mosborough. BIG JACK TOWNS

Edited by spider1

• 3 years later...

Hello Purrkins.

Sorry, but I cannot reply to your PM about Peter just yet. (Forum rules to stop spammers.... )

I only have 4 previous posts & need 5 before I can respond to you via PM, so this is my 5th & should therefore enable me to PM you later today??!!!!

I do hope so: )

John F.

• 11 months later...

My Mum lived on Grange Road in the 50's and 60's (and probably until 1974 when she married my Dad I would think).

I was just looking on google streetview, but the shops I remember walking to with my gran when I was probably 5 or 6 have gone now, on Platts Drive?  Have I remembered that correctly, or did we walk further than I think...  Maybe it was actually as far as Robin Lane and my memory is faulty...

On 12/10/2018 at 9:42 PM, Cyclone said:

My Mum lived on Grange Road in the 50's and 60's (and probably until 1974 when she married my Dad I would think).

I was just looking on google streetview, but the shops I remember walking to with my gran when I was probably 5 or 6 have gone now, on Platts Drive?  Have I remembered that correctly, or did we walk further than I think...  Maybe it was actually as far as Robin Lane and my memory is faulty...

I lived in Beighton from the late 50's until 1980,,,

1 hour ago, irishill said:

I often wondered what happened to Joan fitzakerley that lived on west street Southall I always understood all her family went to Australia never knew if it was true

The fitzackerlys were a beighton family lived on Armsted  road i know 3 lads now about 70 years old duggie and pete spring to mind and one a bit older

5 hours ago, irishill said:

I often wondered what happened to Joan fitzakerley that lived on west street Southall I always understood all her family went to

3 hours ago, spider1 said:

The fitzackerlys were a beighton family lived on Armsted  road i know 3 lads now about 70 years old duggie and pete spring to mind and one a bit older

The Joan fitzackerley I knew used to live with her gran on west street across from Walters farm