Growing up in Beighton

1 hour ago, irishill said:

were is Denis tame and Cynthia and Conner they used to live at the club on west street hope they all going strong they were My mates when I was a kid I used to live in big yard across road from the club but it's gone now

Connor Tame last i heard moved to Eckington but its a long time since i saw him 

On 12/12/2018 at 9:58 PM, irishill said:

Yes i remember the houses Ken Morley used to live there  as well probably still does so he would know joan fitzackerley

Edited by spider1

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, irishill said:

I had a run round Southall a few months ago just to look at it see how much it's changed there's a cafe now where butchers used to be and takeaways but things change don't they and all our old yard had gone just grass and trees now

Does anyone know William Dickenson from woodhouse lived on Hooley road as a child I pulled him out of the static water tank when he was two years old I think it was often wonder how he going on I was only eleven got my name in the star and a recommendation from fire service I still got them

On 6/27/2011 at 9:08 PM, Pulseroom said:

Did you know us? Marylin, Ann and Ian Williams of Woodhouse Lane? I remember Mr Kirk, Dogger Darker, Mr Hardy and his wife who used to teach English. Also remember the Shaws, Sandra and Susan, Frank Miles, The Hales family to name a few.

Ian

Frank Miles  old name he had an  older brother new them well 

i think there was a Doreen lambert when I lived at Southall is she still around or am I the only oldun left like I say my name was Mallon I was a right tom boy climbing on swings and jumping river climbing trees you name it I did it I had a brother worked at wagon works a short time called Eric and a younger brother Gerald they went to Australia 50 year ago Eric died about five year ago heart attack

On 12/17/2013 at 3:26 AM, Fabjoy said:

Hi,I used to visit with my mother, some if her family on School Rd.

The girls were called Megan & Sheila. Thinks their surname was Staniforth.

Does anyone know their whereabouts now? Would like to get

Back in touch.

I know I'm YEARS too late, but my name is Nathan Staniforth, I'm the head of the Staniforth Surname society, the Megan and Sheila you mentioned are very distant cousins of mine, they were both the daughters of Eric Levick Staniforth and his wife Connie (nee Booth), I do know Megan married a man named Leslie Hanlon in 1971, not certain on their whereabouts however. My Grandad was Anthony Staniforth born 1942, he had a twin brother Mick and they would knock about in Beighton and Hackenthorpe, their dad was Winsor Staniforth, worked at Brookhouse Colliery. Also if anyone remembers Staniforths Sickleworks on Main St Hackenthorpe, that's my family.

Done some investigation, Megan Staniforth married Leslie Hanlon and they had a son Richard Alexander Hanlon in 1979 and it looks like the three were actually living together as late as 2002 in the S21 postcode (Public info from 192.com)