Which do you prefer?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Greggs
    • Subway
    • Neither of the above in a million years

Originally posted by spyro2000

What RULES? :confused:

I think this http://www.garnersclassics.com/qbigleb.htm is what he means, spyro. ;)

I can honestly understand how distressed some of you must feel to see these 'chain" American restaurants popping up like mushrooms. I personally do not like McDonald's, or Starbucks, or Subway.

I can make a better, cheaper cup of coffee at home. If I want a good burger, we either BBQ hamburgers at home, or go here.

http://www.aw-drivein.com/About_Us.cfm

(As a teenager, I worked as a carhop at the A&W in San Ramon, Ca. Let me tell you, that was a FUN job!)

Or here. http://www.photofluffer.com/fluffy/050704_oak_snowhite1.php

(By the way, those other pictures aren't mine, but they're nice, huh?)

I really don't like Subway. The sandwiches I make myself taste better. There are other delis around that are much better than Subway, and if I want a deli sandwich, I go there.

Oddly. My husband and children LOVE Subway. Sometimes, they all go, but none for me. Thanks.

It's a mystery to me to see people where I live, going to Taco Bell, whose food is vile and greasy, when there are excellent mexican restaurants, in some cases, literally right next door. With the large hispanic population in California? The mexican food here is good, and it's cheap.

BrainThrust hit the nail on the head. In the US, there is something for everyone. If a small business in the US is good? They will ALWAYS have a faithful following of customers, even if they have to charge a little more. There are a few places where I live that will always have my business, because even though I have to pay more, the quality, chatting with someone I know, and personal service is worth it.

No one is stealing your heritage. It is being $old.

I don't know about Sheffield, but in the states, Subway does bake their bread fresh daily. That said, I still don't like them.

http://subway.com/subwayroot/menunutrition/jared/friends/kennethHeinly.aspx

:) Sierra

Originally posted by tingle

How 'trendy' it has become to shun anything 'commercial'...

I mean from a sheer taste point of view, Subway put meat, cheese and other things between bread to make a snack. Yet because they are a chain, it suddenly becomes 'mass produced plastic'??

Think about what you're saying. Mass produced would be the sandwiches that are delivered into Boots or Marks and Spencers and full of preservatives so they can be kept for a few days. Subway make them in front of you, just like any other deli!

The way some people on this forum go on, you would think that eating a Subway was equivalent to selling your soul to George Bush and jumping on the All American bandwagon.

HELLO TINGLE :wave: :wave: :wave:

I totally disagree. Subway stuff tastes like crap. One of my mates loves it so she took me in and I was actually quite looking forward to it, but I ended up chucking my 'sub' away cause it tasted so vile. The cheese tasted like plastic, the bread had no texture and the salad was soggy.

I'll admit to eating sarnie from M&S and Boots occasionally. They taste much nicer. But I agree that they are processed too. I tend to pop to the sarnie shop near work or make my own. Today I'm looking forward to homemade brie and cranberry on crusty brown french stick. Yum!

As for selling my soul to George Bush, I actually tried to do that once, but I was told he was on the toilet! :thumbsup:

Now can you email me please? I'm bored!

Originally posted by JBee

Hang about Spiro. That was MY quote, not TimmyR's, and I'm not trying to convince the world of anything. I was asked for MY opinion on Subway and I gave it.

Yes, I know it was you that originally said it, but it was TimmyR who agreed with you and quoted you, asking how we can convince the world of what you originally said. :)

Yes m&s sandwiches are also mass produced correct. I don't eat those either. But if you believe that because the sandwiches are made in front of you in subway that the sauces and the bread is in any way not mass produced, you need to think a bit.

as someone who worked at subway i know its not as healthy as i used to think, the bread IS frozen and then defrosted as is the meats which are defrosted and microwaved to be warmed up.

I like the salads though, the salad was always fresh and prepared well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived