Greggs V Subway Poll

Which do you prefer?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Greggs
    • Subway
    • Neither of the above in a million years

They are both rubbish for veggies. The first time I went into a Subway (can't remember where, Bradford maybe?) they did a feta cheese option as well as Veggie delite and veggie patty (neither of which are particularly good), but never seen that anywhere else. Greggs is vile.

M and S sarnies are OK, or if in town, Zoobys or one of the sandwich places on West St (MH needs better sandwich places). As a veggie though I sometimes like veggie sushi for my lunch but nowhere in Sheffield does decent stuff (takeaway packaged stuff that's easy to eat at lunch and you can get from town or MH, not restaurants). M and S used to do nice veggie sushi but they changed it and it's rubbish now. (note to self: must complain) Waitrose do some but it's bland and overpriced.

Pret a Manger and Eat do OK veggie sushi but we don't have either in SHeff :( Why did Pret in MH close down (several years ago) ?? They are a ripoff but it's the best I can get... unless you know different...

Sandwiches are too small in Greggs and their pasties etc. aren't up to much. Cooplands sarnies are much better, taste wise and size. Most of the time though I end up at a local sarnie shop as that's closest to where I'm working.

As for Subway I love them as well - the only 2 fast food places I go to are there and KFC. I realise they're probably not the healthiest sandwiches around but they're damn tasty and big :) The salad always seems nice and relatively fresh.

• 4 months later...
Greggs or Subway, both sandwich shops aren't nice, neithe ris their product...

The debate really is Greg+SubWay+ Vs Local Sarny shop (in my case Supa Snax or Mr B's).

And let's face it, for the price you pay at your local shop, the quality of the food, choice and size of the sandwiches, the local shops win the battle by a long shot !

SubWay 'food' is made of plastic and you need to sell your watch to buy anything, whilst Greggs is dry and rancid (and I have the same name so I 'should' be in the same team)

Voting Greggs or SubWay is like asking if I'd like my leg or arm removed... Neither is a choice I would like to make. (That is just an example).

Mr b's? is that the one on chesterfield road that does those gigantic breadcakes?? its fantastic...my favourite is in a nutshell smoked chedder and salad sandwiches...absolutly amazing...like a taste explosion in your mouth!

think that greggs pasties are absolutly rancid sloppy pieces of cr*p and subway is a disgusting corporate business venture that is brainwashing people into thinking that its healthy and new....i totally agree that its all about the little family ran sarnie shops...the one near huttons (the name escapes me) is brilliant and chaep (unlike subway)!!

Archived