Greggs V Subway Poll

Which do you prefer?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Greggs
    • Subway
    • Neither of the above in a million years

The cheese in subway is not vegetarian,!

Yes it is. I asked to check the ingredients and its made with non-animal renin.

and due to the terrible way they handle all the processed meat and then go straight onto the veggie delight, I don't think it would make any difference if it was!

They always change their gloves when I ask for a veggie. Oh once they didn't andit was a new girl and they made a completely fresh sub for me.

Note though that the cheese used to top the breads (like the herb and cheese) is NOT vegetarian. Seems a bit daft to have one and not the other.

Still the best veggie sandwich. Loads of salad and olives and Jalopenoes. Greggs salad is a bit 'old' yorkshire. Lettuce Tomato cucumber and b'all else. Boring!

Apparently only the 'honey and oats' bread is suitable for vegetarians in subways. Went in once ordered a veggie delight and the worker said that if I was a strict veggie then stick to honey and oats, as the others aren't suitable.

When I used to deliver stuff to GT news, if I was on the town centre run (I am talking 9 years ago), I used to call at a sarny shop just off Shoreham Street called PB's. They did some cracking sandwiches in there. I always used to have the sausage/egg/tomato baguette. I think that this establishment is still going today, although I'm not sure if it's the same team of ladies who still run it though

On the subject of the poll, I voted for Greggs, but some of the comments about it are a bit worrying, although I have never had any probs with stuff I've had from there

• 4 years later...

Archived