Greggs V Subway Poll

Which do you prefer?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Greggs
    • Subway
    • Neither of the above in a million years

I used to work at greggs, and it really was the most disturbing experience ever. The food was totally rancid (unless you like pink sausage rolls), the staff were quite frankly the rudest people i have ever met! If a customer didn't understand one of Greggs pointless little offers then they would be shouted at in front of the whole shop and again when they had left! (believe me, i worked there!).

However Subway is an evil multi-national company!

Mmmm, local shops all the way.

My friend who's vegetarian went into his local Greggs where they make the sandwiches as you ask for them, they're not pre-paceked, and asked for a plain salad sandwich. The conversation then went like this:

"We don't do plain salad sandwiches"

"But you do other salad sandwiches like ham salad don't you?"'

"Yes"

"Well, could you make me a ham salad sandwich but leave the ham off?"

"No, we don't do plain salad sandwiches"

"Well. I'll pay for a ham salad one, just don't put any ham on"

"No, we don't do plain salad sandwiches"

At which point he left, still hungry.

Originally posted by pinkhat

I used to work at greggs, and it really was the most disturbing experience ever. The food was totally rancid (unless you like pink sausage rolls), the staff were quite frankly the rudest people i have ever met! If a customer didn't understand one of Greggs pointless little offers then they would be shouted at in front of the whole shop and again when they had left! (believe me, i worked there!).

However Subway is an evil multi-national company!

Mmmm, local shops all the way.

i work for greggs and to be honest i disagree with the staff being rude but i agree with the food issues.!!

i voted for subaway cos they are well nice:clap:

Originally posted by nick2

You need a third option "I'd rather eat my own foot then anything from either establishment"

My vote is with eating Nick2's foot.

At least greggs doesn't irritate us with halfwit adverts so they got my vote.

Originally posted by mjlacey21

Surely that vegetarian sandwich one makes sense though? They don't do sandwiches to order do they? You can't go into Sainsburys and ask for a specific sandwich. Why would you expect to get it at Greggs?

greggs offer a bespoke sandwich basically if you want one making they will make it. its got to be on the menu and you can take things off it but not swap them or add items ,so they guy with the salad sandwich they should have charged him for a cheese salad without the chese.

Originally posted by mjlacey21

Surely that vegetarian sandwich one makes sense though? They don't do sandwiches to order do they? You can't go into Sainsburys and ask for a specific sandwich. Why would you expect to get it at Greggs?

Because greggs is a sandwich shop! They're not a bakers anymore, a change in their marketing strategy has assured that.

Why you would go to either of them over somewhere like the lunch stop on west street I don't know. :confused:

Archived