Greggs V Subway Poll

Which do you prefer?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Greggs
    • Subway
    • Neither of the above in a million years

Originally posted by savbaby

mjlacey21 asked why they would expect greggs to make a sandwich to order and i answered with what should have happend and what they should have been offered. ham/cheese whatever it doesnt matter basically they done the job wrong and thats the answer i gave

oh right, i understand now, greggs were wrong, when i worked there they could make your sandwich up, but only with a big grunt first!

lunchstop on West St any day! Subway, I agree there are far too many in town, though I suppose it's *slightly* healthier at 2am than a greasy kebeb... though by no means more satisfying!! Greggs I've never quite got into, I far prefer the Proper Pasty Co on Pinstone St.

The staff in Greggs at Moorfoot are nice. There was a bloke in there today going "do yer do potted meat?", woman says "no, sorry". He shuffles for a bit then says "do yer do tuna and sweetcorn?", woman apologises again. He says "Oh f*** it then" and stomps out hungry.

I like a proper butty if possible, but on a cold day you can't beat a Gregg's Dummy though - a cheese 'n' onion pasty, just like all the mums buy to keep the toddlers quiet. :)

Greggs:

I once decided to buy cakes from Greggs for work on a friday afternoon. I ordered several cakes, and she told me "You do realise it's not real cream. It's artificial cream. We have to tell everyone that now". What a great advert for the product :loopy:

They also huff and puff if you have the cheek to pay with a £10 note, and give you your change in 5ps :loopy:

Subway:

Only ever been in when drunk in the early hours of the morning. Seemed OK, but then so do kebabs when drunk. :loopy:

My colleague swears by them. He's from Worksop and keeps finding excuses to visit our office in Sheffield just so that he can go to Subway for lunch. :D

Greggs stuff always looks good but I always end up feeling ill after eating it. At least its cheap. Subways is just a rip off and not too good either.

Originally posted by Sahra

I said no to either, I'd much rather eat a sandwich from a local shop - Scotts pantry for me! - than see them shut down because there's a Greggs, Subway etc on every street corner.

there is a new greggs opening in town in about 4 weeks, on fargate where the Adams clothes shop used to be. that will make 7 in town! only 3 subways though

Archived