Greggs V Subway Poll

Which do you prefer?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Greggs
    • Subway
    • Neither of the above in a million years

Originally posted by Captain_Scarlet

Greggs or Subway, both sandwich shops aren't nice, neithe ris their product...

The debate really is Greg+SubWay+ Vs Local Sarny shop (in my case Supa Snax or Mr B's).

And let's face it, for the price you pay at your local shop, the quality of the food, choice and size of the sandwiches, the local shops win the battle by a long shot !

SubWay 'food' is made of plastic and you need to sell your watch to buy anything, whilst Greggs is dry and rancid (and I have the same name so I 'should' be in the same team)

Voting Greggs or SubWay is like asking if I'd like my leg or arm removed... Neither is a choice I would like to make. (That is just an example).

well you dont have to make the choice.....

the choice is either subway or greggs, a topic the poster originally had a debate with his mate i assume.

if the poster wanted an opinion of whether you would like to go to another food shop or have your arm removed he would have put this as an option.

if subways food really was made of "plastic" as you do claim (i would like to see evidence of this though) im sure the establishments would soon be shut down.

and if greggs was so dry and rancid, why are they so succefusll? really does not make any sense at all

just so you know, i think subway is a lot nicer, but greggs a lot more convenient.

Originally posted by savbaby

there is a new greggs opening in town in about 4 weeks, on fargate where the Adams clothes shop used to be. that will make 7 in town! only 3 subways though

I thought they were trying to "improve" Fargate ?

Though people must get hungry between pound/phone shops so perhaps a Greggs will go down well.

Subway is far, far better than Greggs. That place is awful. They dare call that stuff bread? And Mayo city too, yuck.

Subway is fast food but it's better than MaccyD's et al.

Always take a local sarny shop over either.

My latest trip to Greggs went as follows:

Them: "CAN I PLLLEEAASSEEE HELLLPPP ANNYONE!"

Me:"Um..hi..can i have a cheese salad on brown, a steak beak and a sausage roll please.."

Them: "ok love"

<long pause>

Them: "umm...a cheese salad? White or brown?"

Me: "um...BROWN please.."

Them: "Anything else love?"

Me: "Steak beak and a sausage roll please"

<puts the steak bake in a bag>

Them: "what else did you want love?"

Me: "A sausage roll please"...

<Me Holding a bottle of coke>

Them: "Is the coke yours too love?"

I rest my case....the staff are morons (no offence), but the food is reasonable quality (no where else to eat in Leeds City Centre)

Originally posted by Avalon

I rest my case....the staff are morons (no offence), but the food is reasonable quality (no where else to eat in Leeds City Centre)

Don't Harvey Nichols have a cafe ?

Archived