Greggs V Subway Poll

Which do you prefer?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Greggs
    • Subway
    • Neither of the above in a million years

Greggs have that horrible dry flaky pastry that crumbles and goes over everywhere no matter how carefully you eat. The fillings are always far too hot to actually eat, so you have to leave the bloody thing to cool down for about 10 minutes. Not really fast food is it? I'd only go there now if there was no other option at all.

My favourites are room temperature plain cheese breadcakes that lurk in those transparent plastic box things behind the bar in pubs. You don't see them much these days though. Summat to do with hygiene regs I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Greggs Chicken Pasty is great one... And it is very near to Wimbledon Station. Take one chicken pasty, one coffee and take your place in the train.

By the way is there anybody here how to make pasty dough? What are the ingredients?

Originally posted by The_Pilot

Neither!

Only been to Subway once on Devonshire Street and non of the staff spoke a word of English so i've never been again. :rolleyes:

yeah I went for the first time the other day, couldn't understand a word of the staff either, they ignored me for 5 minutes, pointed and grunted something at me, total rip off as well. I prefer greggs. I love their sausage rolls, steak bakes and chocolate eclairs, although I am not keen on everything else they offer

Originally posted by Internetowl

Had a Greggs 'New Yorker' sarnie today - from Meadowhall - very good ....and a lot cheaper than similar from Subway :)

better be heated pastrami on toasted rye with deli (goldens) mustard...

god i would kill for right now :(

and and subway is crap. watery and frozen cold cuts are disgusting.

so i went with number three.

Archived