Which is best for you?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best for you?

• Fitness First
    • Livingwell
    • Fitness Unlimited
    • Virgin
    • Esporta

Taking into account the following which is the best you've been to and why?

1. Good selection of venues

2. Variety of classes

3. Swim pools, sauna's, gym & classes.

4. Parking.

5. Childrens activities.

6. Helpful Staff, customer care.

7. Price / Value.

Originally posted by Lestat

2. Variety of classes

4. Parking.

5. Childrens activities.

7. Price / Value.

HLC, FITNESS UNLIMITED:£28mth: Im a member at hillsbrough and the staff and everything about the place has helped me lose loads of weight, very helpful + support, lots of different classes and i have the choice of going to hillsbrough/concord/pondsforge, my kids get a membership for £9.99 mth, and within that theres unlimited swimming, 2 free coached classes (footie), kids groups at the weekend, best value all round!:thumbsup:

GYM/SWIM/STEAM ROOM/SAUNA/CLASSES :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Lestat

Taking into account the following which is the best you've been to and why?

2. Variety of classes

4. Parking.

5. Childrens activities.

7. Price / Value.

I am a member at Fitness First....

1) the selection of venues is good...I can go with my sister to the one in Stockton when visiting Teesside and have the choice of Chesterfield, Millhouses and Hillsborough etc when at home in Sheffield.

2) Classes are a good mix for all levels of fitness.

3) No swimming pool :( but nice sauna...and nice gym!

4) Excellent parking at all venues.

5) No kids activities so I don't feel guilty excluding them from my visits but free DVD/video library!

6) Staff very friendly and helpful.

7) I only pay £20 a month as an associate member. :)

Plus...there always seems a good mix of people...age...size and gender!!

:clap:

Thinking of changing from Livingwell (Hilton gym) to Bannertynes at Bramley in Rotherham. Know this is Sheffield forum but anyone a member there? Tried to get them to give me a free week's membership as a taster but they were not playing ball.

I'm now working in Donny so easier to get there and on way home from work (no excuses) plus better choice of classes. I'm a member of Barnsley livingwell as I used to work in Barnsley but its now a 40 mile round trip to the gym which is a bind after work. And you can only use Sheff Hilton four times a month. (plus that's still 7 miles from my house)

BUT... I do like the atmosphere at living well , you don't have to be size 6 to fit in, exercise is fun rather than a religion and there's a mix of ages. Plus it is £18 cheaper than Bannertynes. (Get cheaper rate there through work)

Would appreciate some feedback from Bannertyne members.

Originally posted by adaline

I have been a member of Esporta for a while and as im sure its not the best package for value/venues/classes and such, it does feel the business and quality :thumbsup:

How many Esporta's are there in Sheffield? - I can only think of the one just off Abbeydale Road.:confused:

I thought Ponds Forge was a great venue - don't you get something like 3 gyms, swimming pools including diving pool, jacuzzis etc . . .

With Fitness Unlimited you also get your programmes done for you at Hillsborough and they've just expanded the free weights area.:thumbsup:

im having to look for a new gym as im moving, used to go to goodwing(uni) and it was great!

the nearest one to me is greens now but at £42 a month ill go elsewhere! iv heard fitness unlimited is good plus at £26.99 .. bargain! he he!

any new starters at fitness unlimited want to go together after work on here?

Archived