Which is best for you?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best for you?

• Fitness First
    • Livingwell
    • Fitness Unlimited
    • Virgin
    • Esporta

The virgin active gym seems to be ok depending on what time and what day you go. It can be annoying though paying £45 per month and when you go and it's packed to the point where you are queuing to get on most machines..

Originally posted by BorisMarakas

i've been told by a m8 the fitness unlimited thing is good at ponds forge and all the other places sounds like good value for money. don't know much about it myself

Boris, Give them a ring on 231 8142. They will give you a free tour at any of the venues and you can join up there and then if you want to - all you need is some form of I.D and first months payment.

The latest prices ( I think ) are £27.99 peak membership and £19.99 off peak membership. There isn't any join up fee either.

• 2 years later...

i know this thread hasnt had a post for over a yr, but i dont care :)

I actually worked for fitness first and left a few weeks ago.

In terms of equipment, if you dont want to pay a rediculose price, i would say that they are almost the best in sheffield.

however the gym overall is genrally a **** hole as they are greatly understaffed. so if u do need regular assistance whilst using a gym due to your fitness knowladge, i wouldnt recomend this gym.

it always takes FF a very long time to fix equipment, wich is a real pain in the ass - i also wored out there aswell.

I would say the SIV venues are OK for GENERAL fitness, as you have a greater variety of activites etc, although hillborough leisure centre does genrally lack size in the gym, and u do have to wait a bit for resistance machines.

Siv venues are always very nice n clean thugh - £22.95 a month at min wich is ace for gym, pool, steam/sauna.

iv personally never used living well or greens. i have been in greens and its top customer service, very clean and quite a big gym.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
id have to say Fitness First, even if they have been a little pants lately with lack of communication between staff. cheap prices thou and cross country. classes are good but there is no creche anymore. parking can be pants, but thats just rubbush drivers who dont use the spaces and park up on kerb.

ponds forge doesn have the best oestopath thou

The added bonus of Fitness First is if you happen to travel alot around the country (or even the World - Oz, Germany, Netherlands, Phillipines, Singapore, Spain and a few other countries), you can use any of their clubs (the international ones for an added guest fee). Really useful if you are away and fancy a Body Combat class anywhere from Newcastle to Norwich, from Northampton to Newport. And of course Sheffield (2 clubs), Doncaster, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Wakefield. There is one in almost every town. Sometimes two!:)

Fitness Unlimited is also a very good deal and have multiple locations in Sheffield for added convenience!

Archived