La Terazza Sharrowvale Rd

ian123

Just to say we hadn't been there for years, found it very child-unfriendly and the girlfriend of Mario the owner needs to do her customer-care classes again, if she has done any in the 1st place.

Definitely avoid if you have kids.

In the interests of balance... I've been many times and find the food and wine to be consistently good and always have a good time. It's far better than the dreary chain tapas place, La Tasca, nearby on Ecclesall Rd.

I'm puzzled by the "child unfriendly" claim that the poster makes without any explanation. He's been before so knows what the place is like. It's a classic Mediterranean restaurant, nothing else. Around the Med, families take the kids out to restaurants, the kids behave, they eat the same food as the adults. What was the poster expecting?

EDIT: ah I got mixed up between the Italian place the poster is talking about and the Mediterranean place down the road... which was very unremarkable the one time I went.

• 2 weeks later...

We walked into an empty restaurant at 6pm and asked to be seated near the front and the bar. (The back of the restaurant is dark and the open kitchen makes it hot.) We were told this was not possible at first. We then asked twice again and were moved - I think this got the back up of the waitress, who never smiled once before or after our meal. In fact, we actually watched her serving other tables as more people entered and she must have had a bad lunch service or something as she seemed very off-hand. My attempts to converse, mainly about Pasquale whom we knew for many years, were met with one-liners.

The food was and always has been good there - we eat out a lot with the kids and we just felt very unwelcome just because of this one waitress. So, we won't go back in a hurry.

daer ian 123

being a regular at this rest,i find that this med style rest is authentic and very child friendly as it reflects the origin of the italian family life style. maybe at the time you should have had a word with mario , he would have sorted any problem you encountered.thats a fact but instead you have chosen to vent your aggression

by means of the forum. pathetic.Especially, by your own words, you have frequented the place many times but not for a while.Maybe next time you have a problem with anything,anywhere, at least have the courage to address the problem head on,Instead of HIDING behind the forum. once again PATHETIC.

I've been many times with my 3 children and never had a problem...the staff have even tolerated very calmly my youngest banging his cutlery on the glass tables ....even though I was stressed out by it and asked for plastic for him !!!

Just a bad day ...maybe :confused:

I've been loads of times and it is authentic in style with outstanding food. We are one meat eater one veggie and mixed age family who find staff great like family. Big recomend and I'm guessing ian123 is over 40 male who likes to post all his problems. Maybe other tables booked by us regulars. I actually like to see my food being prep'd. Cosy restraunts can get warm in July. Summers can be warm.

Love the place and will be back when next in Sheff.

La Terraza: keep in up. You not missing anything but agro if 123 stays away.

Archived