Frecheville Carnival

sparky2

If you are looking for a good afternoon out on the 18th. June why not visit Frecheville Carnival. There is lots going on around the community centre also The Birley Hotel and The sherwood Inn where at about 4-30pm there is a pig roast.

The charity this year we are collecting for is The Bluebell Wood Hospice Appeal. There is also a pub crawl round local pubs on Friday 17th.June with collectors dressed up will be collecting also for Bluebell Wood.

I used to live in Frecheville and I remember I used to love the carnival. We used to live on Birley Moor Road where the procession went, I remember sitting on our wall and watching the floats going past and throwing money at them and then after going up to the Community Centre with all the stalls and there used to be a DJ on (I knew his stepdaughter) not sure if he still DJ's for it or not (Winds of Change) it was called. Oh happy days!

BUMP BUMP BUMP - COME ALONG GUYS AND GET INVOLVED IN A GREAT COMMUNITY DAY OUT! SEE ALL YOUR OLD SCHOOL FRIENDS FROM YEARS AGO AND THEIR LITTLE ONES TOO...DON'T FORGET THE SUNCREAM...

I don't know if Sparky can clarify this, but last year, there was a Fire Engine in the parade...full of gorgeous hunky fireman...who then parked up at the side of the Community Centre and let the kids go in the Engine, well, I couldn't quite get away with a firemans lift but I can assure you, the view definately was fantastic!!! Hope they are there this year???

Good news for Liose there are 2 fire engines this year. One parked in The Birley car park and one in The Sherwood. One is a vintage engine and the other a standard one.

Dont forget the pig roast at The Sherwood about 4.00pm.

Just hope the weather is fine.

Hope to see crowds there.

Re the carnival.

We lived on birley moor road, and have attended the carnival on four seperate occasions and had a great day.

The best thing about frecheville is the community spirit and the fact that people chat to one another and have time for one another.

Having lived at gleadless and intake in the last 10 years we moved up here 4 years ago, and we love it, wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

Cheerio Nicky x

Archived