Remember commonside late 50s early 60s

They're fine thanks.

I love Commonside and still get a special feeling whenever I'm there. I still go in the Hallamshire now and again for a pint.

Hope you are well

Do you ever hear from Pamela or Margaret ?

I like to call into the closed shop and hallamshire... old times...and yes...special feelings... as I still feel at home there.

Yes the first old cottage kept by an old couple,I remember it well. My dad had to go in when he had died,that I do remember well,due to I asked for a look :-( he said no!! Also when the houses slowly emptied,we went in looking for treasure. Thinking back the stuff left in there now a days was. My dad local was the Closed Shop,he visit often,most nights.

Yes the first old cottage kept by an old couple,I remember it well. My dad had to go in when he had died,that I do remember well,due to I asked for a look :-( he said no!! Also when the houses slowly emptied,we went in looking for treasure. Thinking back the stuff left in there now a days was. My dad local was the Closed Shop,he visit often,most nights.

I'll probably know your dad then. Anyone who went in Hallamshire/Closed Shop from late 70s, I would probably know lol

That's us (lol). David, Linda, Marie(got killed in a car crash in 1984), me(Jenni) and Susan. Yeh I remember A1 taxis. Are you old enough to remember hairdressers on other end of row of shops, Scotts(newsagents/sweet shop) run by John and Kitty Scott.

Memories are just flooding back

Hairdressers run by Emerly.

Hairdressers run by Emerly.

lol. I remember bowling club at top of Hands Road. We used to sit on wall on Townend Street watching/commenting(!). Number of times we got chased off from there. Presume its still there?

lol. I remember bowling club at top of Hands Road. We used to sit on wall on Townend Street watching/commenting(!). Number of times we got chased off from there. Presume its still there?

Hi Chocki

I,ve had a few pints in there myself recently. Its like going back 40 years.

Archived