Thursday Nights in Sheffield

sheff_minx

A couple of my student friends from Manchester are coming to stay with me this Thursday night and we're wanting to go out in town... Does anybody know whether Gatecrasher is still opening on Thursdays? And can anybody suggest some alternative places we can go after 11pm when the majority of bars shut??

Looking for a friendly atmosphere, decently priced drinks, and somewhere we can have a boogie?

Thanks people, I know you'll come up with something!

Thursdays all rooms are open in Republic (can guarantee that as I used to work there until two months ago!!) and I actually loved the funky house that Corey plays in Electric Box!!

What kind of stuff does Leadmill play on Thursdays?

Get yourself down to Takapuna on West Street for some VIP action.

Check out http://www.club-vip.co.uk for more info on the music ethos of VIP. We're open from 9pm (with DJ's starting @ 10pm) until 2.30am (bar serves until 2am).

It's FREE entry before 10pm and only £3 (£2 NUS/Flyer) afterwards.

Here are some pictures from last Thursday's VIP on the independent Don't Stay In website.

Thursday nights all about the Casbah now! 'Stranger Than Fiction' brings you 2 or 3 bands every week (you'll definately catch one of them if you come after 11), followed by the finest rocknroll/party tunes in town, and cheap drinks offers... £2 pint Coors, £1.50 Grolsch, Reef, Vodka/Mixer... plus it's £1/FREE NUS entry!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions... From what I remember, we started in Sharkeys and worked our way through most of the West Street bars. Ended up in GateCrasher as I managed to get us on the free guestlist.

These are the facts as related to me by my digital camera, I remember little after about 10pm!!

Good night had by all though :)

Archived