SUFC to try to sign glen little

scottf

http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/Gaffersnotes/0,,10418~1734184,00.html

Looks like we are trying to sign him- i think he could provide a bit of competition for cotts and wouldn't cost too much :D

He's someone I've kept an eye on as he used to play for Glentoran, he's quite skilful and certainly someone I'd have liked at Hillsborough!!!

More envious of this than that France chap!

The season we went up we have Morgan, Short, Unsworth, Ifill, Shipperley, Jagielka and Ade all over 6 foot......we need to get some big lads in our midfield.

Next season without looking i would guess, Morgan, Killa, Williamson, Reid and Evans are 6 foot plus.

Morgan 6 foot, Kilgallon 6 foot 2, i think Hendorsons 6 foot 1, then you have Bromby at 5 foot 11, and that Kyle Reid at bang on 6 foot and he will hardley play that Reid will he, and Evans at 6 foot.

Morgan 6 foot, Kilgallon 6 foot 2, i think Hendorsons 6 foot 1, then you have Bromby at 5 foot 11, and that Kyle Reid at bang on 6 foot and he will hardley play that Reid will he, and Evans at 6 foot.

He has looked impressive in pre-season though, he is direct and has bags of pace (which United lacked at times last season).

Best two players in the Champions League Final? Xabi and Iniesta, barely 6ft if one stands on the others shoulders!

The biggest aren't always the best - as long as you've got enough tall blokes in key areas for set pieces.

against chesterfield he had plenty of the ball but looked very leggy to me seemed to be trying to hard at times looked unnaturall if you know what i mean bit clumsy?

It's his nose.

It's that big it makes the top half of his body topple over.

Which makes him quite some player, keeping his head up whilst taking on defenders.

It's his nose.

It's that big it makes the top half of his body topple over.

Which makes him quite some player, keeping his head up whilst taking on defenders.

Ian Rush and Phil Thompson were decent players with big hooters.

Still remember that song Manchester fans used to sing to the tune of Let it snow.

Oh the shadow is really frightening

Stops the sun from shining light in

You can see it everywhere that he goes

Thompsons nose, Thompson nose, Thompsons nose

Agree with you Sheff 71.

You don't have to be tall to be an excellent footballer. Joe Shaw played at centre half ( a key position ) for United from 1945 to 1966. A better or more skilful player in that area I have yet to see. Despite lacking height he didn't miss out on many situations , including headers. It was all about correct anticipation and timing. The best centre half England never played!

Archived