Will human actors/actresses become obsolete due to computers?

John

Will human actors/actresses become obsolete due to computers?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will human actors/actresses become obsolete due to computers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • Let me see results

Will human actors/actresses become obsolete due to advancement of computers generated films in future.

To the point that it is so relistic you couldn't tell the different between a computer generated actor and a real one?

Originally posted by Siân

Are you asking if people will stop bothering to watch TV & go to the cinema or theatre because all their entertainment needs are being met by PCs ?

Cos if so - no.

Nope.

I've edited my post to clear up any possible confusion.

The ammount of work u need to make a realistic looking 3d model is immense! plus u have to create many complex formulas to account for phisics of things, such as muscles flexing as a model bends an arm...basically its waaay to complex so thing wont go realistic anytime soon and besides someone still has to act things out, its not like cg makes itself!

No, I don't think CGI movies will ever replace 'real' movies completely.

There is always going to be an audience for 'real' actors in 'real' movies. Even with the likes of movies like Sin City where almost all of the background/backdrop is clearly computer generated it wouldn't work half as well if they had used computer generated characters.

Archived