What's happening with the Cross Scythes at Totley?

I have been in the Cross Scythes on Baslow Road, Totley, a couple of times since it re-opened and wondered if anyone knew anything about the management team there and if they are there to stay? They seem to be friendly enough, but there are so many rumours around what is going to happen there, I can't keep up!! Its a great pub, and i would hate to see it close like the others in the area. Does anyone know anything about them or what is likely to happen up there?:confused:

I have been in the Cross Scythes on Baslow Road, Totley, a couple of times since it re-opened and wondered if anyone knew anything about the management team there and if they are there to stay? They seem to be friendly enough, but there are so many rumours around what is going to happen there, I can't keep up!! Its a great pub, and i would hate to see it close like the others in the area. Does anyone know anything about them or what is likely to happen up there?:confused:

Is it still the American bloke and his wife?

They were top people I found on my last visit.

Is it still the American bloke and his wife?

They were top people I found on my last visit.

No, he left as he couldn't make the pub pay (it is leased from Enterprise Inns) and a temporary manager was put in, since then new tenants have take it on. I can't remember the new landladys name.

Two real ales are now available - Black Sheep Bitter and a regularly changing beer from Sheffield Brewery. They don't appear to be doing food. There is a quiz night, I think its Mondays.

No, he left as he couldn't make the pub pay (it is leased from Enterprise Inns) and a temporary manager was put in, since then new tenants have take it on. I can't remember the new landladys name.

Two real ales are now available - Black Sheep Bitter and a regularly changing beer from Sheffield Brewery. They don't appear to be doing food. There is a quiz night, I think its Mondays.

Ah that's a shame. I went up earlier this year or late last year (it's not quite local to me) and it was packed. It was an open mic type night on a Sunday. They were a smashing couple. I believe she was from Barnsley, and he was from somewhere in USA.

• 1 month later...

Archived