What's happening with the Cross Scythes at Totley?

David Ford no longer owns Champs actually.

Oh, I didn't know that, I just heard that the owner of Champs had taken it over. Still can't see it making it though, The Crown and The Cricket Inn have got their food sorted, the Fleur de Lys and the Shepley Spitfire have both recently gone bust, and have both aimed at the budget end of the market.

There are two more eating houses at Owler Bar, and the Devonshire Arms in Dore has its food trade well established. Perhaps an innovation would be a traditional English pub, with a good atmosphere, good friendly service and a good selection of real ales, no it would never take on. :o

i know a lot wots happening but am not going to tell you anything.for a start u know nothing about champs its all gossip.they have spent a lot of money on this pub and i think it will do well.good luck to them they are taking a chance.u will be surprised it looks good inside,and the food smelled bloody good while i was working there today.

Oh, I didn't know that, I just heard that the owner of Champs had taken it over. Still can't see it making it though, The Crown and The Cricket Inn have got their food sorted, the Fleur de Lys and the Shepley Spitfire have both recently gone bust, and have both aimed at the budget end of the market.

There are two more eating houses at Owler Bar, and the Devonshire Arms in Dore has its food trade well established. Perhaps an innovation would be a traditional English pub, with a good atmosphere, good friendly service and a good selection of real ales, no it would never take on. :o

You mean like the Crown just down the road?

Archived