Piccolos west st

dongle

Went here for Valentines Day and had a fantastic meal.

They originally seated us upstairs which unfortunately is not the nicest room really, more like a broom cupboard with no atmosphere but had no problem moving us downstairs when we requested to. The meal was gorgeous and the tiramisu was one of the best we've tasted. Excellent service and the head waiter is really charming.

We've been a couple of times since and would recommend the steak and chicken dishes over the seafood dishes. The garlic bread picanti is a definate must.

For me, it's a far "warmer" place to eat than the numerous "italian" chain it-arrives-in-a-bag-and-we-just-zap-it places around the town. I'd recommend it.

From the couple of times I've eaten there I'm pretty sure most of Piccolos food arrives in a bag. Unless there was some other reason it was still frozen.

We've been a couple of times since and would recommend the steak and chicken dishes over the seafood dishes. The garlic bread picanti is a definate must.

Been loads of times and always, well, nearly, enjoyed it.

The garlic bread is IMO the best in Sheffield and we've always been treated well (Jose even remembers my name, even if I haven't been in in 12 months).

Decent wine list, lovely steak but I do feel both the portions have been reduced while the price has gone up over the last 10 years (but, c'est la vie).

Agreed with the upstairs 'broom cupboard' though. It's very dull, a bit like an old school classroom and with similar smells.

On a good evening though, it's a 9 out of 10 place for me.

Archived