Why tuck your trousers into your socks?

Recently i've been noticing that lots of young lads are going round in baseball hats and tracksuits, the trousers of which are tucked into the socks. It looks a bit odd and i cant really guess why any one would dress like this. Can anyone shed some light on this trouser sock trend.:huh:

Thanks for your responses! Perhaps someone will be along soon with their trousers tucked in who can give us a definitive explanation!

I wondered if maybe the types who do this are particularly pround of their trainers and so use their socks to ensure that their trousers are out the way thus showing off said footwear to maximum efect? Or maybe it is to enable the riding of a scooter or bmx?

Thanks for your responses! Perhaps someone will be along soon with their trousers tucked in who can give us a definitive explanation!

I wondered if maybe the types who do this are particularly pround of their trainers and so use their socks to ensure that their trousers are out the way thus showing off said footwear to maximum efect? Or maybe it is to enable the riding of a scooter or bmx?

Fascinating innit ? :cool:

Archived