Why tuck your trousers into your socks?

Perhaps it's to stop ferrets rushing up the legs of your trousers and causing massive amounts of havoc.

Didn't they used to do that to keep ferrets in ready for a bit of poaching? I now have a picture in mind of Compo trousers tucked in and waist tied with string...haven't felt so full of lust for a long time :help::gag::hihi:

Didn't they used to do that to keep ferrets in ready for a bit of poaching? I now have a picture in mind of Compo trousers tucked in and waist tied with string...haven't felt so full of lust for a long time :help::gag::hihi:

I take it you'll be donning the norah batty lisle stockings with wrinkles and a crossover pinny then :hihi:

I take it you'll be donning the norah batty lisle stockings with wrinkles and a crossover pinny then :hihi:

I have just changed specially, I have even got the finishing touches of furry tartan pom pom slippers, curlers and a pink hair net...ooerr Mrs!

I have just changed specially, I have even got the finishing touches of furry tartan pom pom slippers, curlers and a pink hair net...ooerr Mrs!

Elegance personified :hihi:

It's to avoid the Sheffield adder, a rarely seen native snake crawling up your tracksuit leg. The custom is believed to have started when joggers were running near long grass and a number were bitten, so the trend of tucking into your socks began

Archived