Why tuck your trousers into your socks?

Recently i've been noticing that lots of young lads are going round in baseball hats and tracksuits, the trousers of which are tucked into the socks. It looks a bit odd and i cant really guess why any one would dress like this. Can anyone shed some light on this trouser sock trend.:huh:

trouser half way down the back side

I once knew a metalhead chav who sported both of those styles!

He taught me how to play the solos from November Rain!

I have just changed specially, I have even got the finishing touches of furry tartan pom pom slippers, curlers and a pink hair net...ooerr Mrs!

Could you please go to Morrisons Hillsborough about 9am as I think I am in love again? I am holding my breath in eager anticipation.:love:

Recently i've been noticing that lots of young lads are going round in baseball hats and tracksuits, the trousers of which are tucked into the socks. It looks a bit odd and i cant really guess why any one would dress like this. Can anyone shed some light on this trouser sock trend.:huh:

To keep them out of your bicycle chain.

cod2gamer and ash, welcome and thank you for joining us!

So you both 'tuck in' then? and it would seem that you do it to assist cycling and to keep out the cold. Both reasonable answers i suppose. Better than you using your pants for shoplifing anyway!

Tell me though, do you wear baseball hats too? And if you do, why do you angle the peak so that it points upwards to the sky?

Could you please go to Morrisons Hillsborough about 9am as I think I am in love again? I am holding my breath in eager anticipation.:love:

Damn I only just saw this, another chance missed...at last someone who loves me for myself :hihi:

Ha ha i went fishing at Whitby dressed like this the other day.The reason was because my old joggers are really long and drag on the floor if i don't tuck them in.I didn't fancy getting fishy stuff all over the bottom of my trousers.But i guess im just a bad boy chav :)...

Anyway i remember my grandad used to have his trousers tucked in his socks...when he went on his bike so not to get oil off the chain on his trouser bottoms,So it must have been my grandad that started the trend:roll:

Well thankfully i am yet to see any chavs with their arms down their trousers in socks combo! Dare i ask if this is a common sight and if so why do they do it?

'Chavs' their in a different world innit?:hihi:

i lived on the isle of man for about 8 years and this was the "fashion" :suspect: there a couple of years back...

I noticed that it was mostly council estate pikey types who did this :|

Clearly can't afford to buy a mirror :|

Archived