UFO sighting, debunk it for me

I've experienced the same kind of thing, but I don't for one second believe it was aliens.

I don't know what flew overhead, very low, when I was out in the garden on a crisp Autumn night in the dark, but it wasn't a plane or a helicopter.

I think it's something I'll never understand, but I think it's very unlikely to be aliens.

I just can't see any race coming here in sufficient numbers... unless it's like going on Safari....

"Come see the puny humans - experience first hand the Burberry-clad Chavs, the boozed-up bruisers, and the brawling slappers - all in glorious holovid projection technology..."

well, out of interest I had a browse around some UFO web sites for the UK...nothing is coming up for the morning of 21/7/09. I got these sightings for around that date:

Manchester-21st July 2009

Holyport, Berkshire-20th July 2009

Thatcham, Berkshire-20th July, 2009

Ilkley LS29, West Yorkshire-21st July 2009

Lowestoft, Suffolk-20th July 2009

Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire-21st July 2009

Malvern, Worcestershire-22nd July 2009

Shrewsbury, Shropshire-20th July 2009

Levenshulme, Manchester-21st July 2009

Buxworth, Derbyshire-20th July 2009

Laindon, Basildon-20th July 2009

Burnley, Lancashire-20th July 2009

Cardiff-20th July 2009

Still would be curious as to what it was though. It wasn't the reflection of a couple of high altitude weather balloons or something was it? I thought I saw a UFO once zigging about and that seemed like a reasonable explanation to me.

There was a huge hoohah about a UFO seen in plain sight in Leeds about 10 years ago.

I saw it with my own eyes, it was a huge withered weather balloon and not at all anything even vaguely extraterrestrial.

Which shows that people can see something unfamiliar and immediately think ET Is coming for a visit.

PS. The descriptions of this weather balloon varied from flashing lights to huge metallic disc. People see what they want to see!

About six weeks back and while at Avebury for the summer solstice i saw a ufo

Night of the 20th morning of the 21st of July.

well, out of interest I had a browse around some UFO web sites for the UK...nothing is coming up for the morning of 21/7/09.

Summer Solstice is on 21st JUNE, not July.

Summer Solstice is on 21st JUNE, not July.

could July be a simple typo ?

megalithic, have you drawn a scematic of what you observed. By that I mean the angles of movement etc

with this and the timings for movement over the angles you can estimate speeds at various heights

so at 300ft, 1000ft, 30,000, 100,etc up to astronomic distances - give me angles, timing and I can do it for you

without being familiar with the landmarks (skymarks?) you mention I have no sense of scale here

Is "Stat Trek X" about a group of researchers who travel to distant galaxies to do surveys and subsequently analyse the results? Doesn't sound too gripping to me.

so does that mean those 'strange ladys' doing surveys on the Fargate could be aliens, or in Star Trek X ?