Steel City Beer & Cider Festival 2009 : 1st to 3rd October

Andy C

I enjoyed it - it is an event very much smaller than the Rotherham one at Oakwood school but still enjoyable. I came on Friday but wish I'd come Thurs for the unfortunate incident - my error though not yours. :) Loved the demon drink and no eye deer was particularly tasty.

It would be good to pay a little more and have a more thorough brochure explaining the beers as i felt it was pot luck trying them apart from if they were a stout, mild, bitter. Also another food stall would not have gone amiss but good choices on the ones you had. - better than Oakwood on that one.

As far as the tent goes, not a problem. you know you are going to be outside so just wrap up in layers you can take off!

This was bigger and better than last year so things can only get better again. Many thanks to you all.

We went Saturday night. I was very critical of last years event. I still don't think it works outdoors, weather and underfoot conditions (very unlevel). However I do think this event was much better than last years. The food especially! Lots of choice and very good. Only 2 gripes, 1; the lighting, we thought it was quite dark, making it, as a previous poster said, difficult to read some of the 'labels'. 2; I think the prices are becoming quite expensive. Most of the beer we had were £2.40 a pint. I know they have overheads but you'd think at a festival the prices should be cheaper than the pubs. What does everyone else think?

Archived