Tribute to Sass from CRB

*Turbo*

Sarah CRB

For anyone who wishes to join the bikers on the funeral run please meet at the Classic Rock Bar- Ecclesall Rd between 12.30 and 1pm on Thursday the 30th of June. To arrive at the John Fairest funeral home, Penistone Rd for 2.30pm when the hearse will set off for Grenoside Crematorium, North Chapel

Huge thanks to everyone taking part in the run, I know how much Sass would appreciate it. He was immensely proud to have taken part in the run for Pete Wilde, even if parts of his bike did fall off on the way!

After the funeral Cha Cha's are putting on a spread so if you want to raise a glass and fall over in Sass' memory please meet there

Just wanted to point out to those who knew him (I only met him twice) that there is a tribute to Sass from The Classic Rock Bar on Page 10 of today's Star.

R.I.P Sass.... I didn't know you well but damn you could cook :D

Sarah CRB (still hi-jackin Buffy's name)

Thanks DaBouncer, had to talk to Martin Dawes bout Sass the other day. How the hell do you describe Sass with words? You had to meet him to get the full on experience, unfortunately there weren't too many anecdotes I could tell him that were suitable for a family paper......

Don't think many people got to see him dressed as a 6' 6" nun intoning the 'Ace of Spades' in the style of the Lords prayer "...and don't forget the jo-o-ker"

Or sat on Clives scooter in the bar asking for 20p so he could have another ride

And as for the time he and phil chopped up six cloves of garlic into an oil burner and left it on a beam in the bar while they went to another pub......

Someone smashed a pool cue across his chest once in the tux, he just looked down at them and said in a deeply resigned voice 'Don't do that'

They're some of the cleaner memories

If anyone else has a kodak moment of the big guy, c'mon...share!

Viking, I'm a big fella myself (6ft 3) and Sass even though he was only 3 inch taller seemed to tower above me.

Didn't get to speak to him a whole lot myself, just a "Nice to meet to mate", "top grub this" & "quality bar mate", but you easily got the impression of how genuin and throughly nice bloke he was.

If the funeral is being held at the same place I'm thinking of (according to the star) then it's a great place for the send off. It's a spectacular chapel with some amazing views and extremely peaceful.

There will be a LOT of people who miss Sass, of that I have no doubt.

I met Sass a few times but not properly. I used to love the classic rock bar although we moved away from the estate behind it making it more difficult to just 'go for a quicky'. I remember getting quite drunk in there one night and rolling on to Corp only to bump into Sass. My and my equally drunk friend accosted him and tried to convince him to sell us his CRB t-shirt there and then. He was very nice and pointed out that he didn't intend to be topless in the corp (sensible) but would give us a discount next time we came in.

Never made it back and now we never will.

R.I.P

Archived