Olive Bar Vs The Ivory Vs Silversmiths?

Stebbil

Hi

Having been to both The Ivory and Silversmiths and very much enjoyed them both (The Ivory being the current leader) I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other restaurants of this type in Sheffield (Gastro type place)? I was thinking maybe The Olive Bar and Restaurant......?

Want to take the missus out for a meal tomorrow night :help:, so recommendations would be most helpful.

Cheers guys

John

Could not agree more really enjoy going to The Ivory and Silversmiths, Silversmiths current leader!

The Wig And Pen is similar to both above, I think if enjoyed them then you should have no problems with the Wig & Pen I like the food & place

Ta

Cheers guys

Looks like The Wig And Pen is currently winning.

Have been to the milestone - thought it was okay, but not fantastic. Maybe I caught them on an off day - in fact one of my friends who goes alot says that it can depend on which chef is working. Am gonna give them another chance though as the majority of people think its fantastic and its also always busy on weekends.

Other options are The Dam House and also The Blue Room (I think its in Woodseats)- anyone visited either?

Regards

John

The Ivory has gone REALLY downhill!! I went two weeks ago and the service was ridiculously slow and the food was awful too. I don't know whether they had forgotten the food, but it was obviously kept under a heat lamp for far too long and was dry. I also had a very bad experience and the wig and pen too, where the food was not rare but RAW and then they sent it back out, with half the portion and the meat overcooked and dry again. I need a nice restaurant to go to at the moment. I will never step foot in the Ivory again, they ruined my graduation meal and then tried to charge me! They soon apologised and took it off, although we had to pay for the drinks. The Wig and Pen did take the bottle of wine off the menu and invited us back to try them again, so I might.

Archived